PDA

View Full Version : Disad- Vantage HD800

hudsoft
20-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Disad Vantage HD8000

A lot of what I’m saying here is preference and not manufactures errors and as yet there is no English manual so I may have missed something.

I guess I have been spoiled with the very user friendly TM6900 and was possibly expecting a ‘TM6900 type with blind scan’

“well guv for 450 sovs ya fink it ad make coffee enit”

I’ve had the machine for a week now the first thing I did was blind scan 28.2 at 1meg,
Got 743 channels against over 900 autoscan on the TM6900. To be fair vantage are aware and are addressing this.

Adding keys with the USB did not work again this has been rectified.

The video quality is good and I love being able to view AVI and Mpeg from a USB stick, I watched 685 meg 3 hour AVI film and was well pleased.

Now many years ago I used to write software and one of the first principles was let the punter know what is going on. Well

1. In the EPG (guide) mode you cannot tell which satellite you’re on.

2. In the view mode it does not show the screen resolution.

3. When you select a satellite, if you press the blue button a list appears of all the HD channels. When you select a (HD) channel there is no progression bar or caption to tell you what’s happening. There is no scramble icon against the channel name which would save you time when going through the list to see what is available. In the right hand bottom of the screen it tells you the satellite, the frequency and the ‘pid’ numbers but no encryption name.

4. I cannot see a way to scan TV channels only.

OK I’ll await the English manual

Tarzan
21-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Disad Vantage HD8000

A lot of what I’m saying here is preference and not manufactures errors and as yet there is no English manual so I may have missed something.

I guess I have been spoiled with the very user friendly TM6900 and was possibly expecting a ‘TM6900 type with blind scan’

“well guv for 450 sovs ya fink it ad make coffee enit”

I’ve had the machine for a week now the first thing I did was blind scan 28.2 at 1meg,
Got 743 channels against over 900 autoscan on the TM6900. To be fair vantage are aware and are addressing this.

Adding keys with the USB did not work again this has been rectified.

The video quality is good and I love being able to view AVI and Mpeg from a USB stick, I watched 685 meg 3 hour AVI film and was well pleased.

Now many years ago I used to write software and one of the first principles was let the punter know what is going on. Well

1. In the EPG (guide) mode you cannot tell which satellite you’re on.

2. In the view mode it does not show the screen resolution.

3. When you select a satellite, if you press the blue button a list appears of all the HD channels. When you select a (HD) channel there is no progression bar or caption to tell you what’s happening. There is no scramble icon against the channel name which would save you time when going through the list to see what is available. In the right hand bottom of the screen it tells you the satellite, the frequency and the ‘pid’ numbers but no encryption name.

4. I cannot see a way to scan TV channels only.

OK I’ll await the English manual

lol... Welcome to the world of Vantage...

Like you I have also come from the world of Very User Friendly technomates and have had a hard time adjusting to the Vantage...

I have raised most of the issues with Vantage which you have mentioned above like the channel sorting etc but it has fallen to deaf ears...

If you do a search on my user name in this forum you will see I have highlighted most these issues in the past....

hudsoft
21-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Hi Tarzan

I'm told by Vantage the english manual should be out this week,
this should be some help?
web sites I find are far more informative, by people using the sat boxes, plus the experts an techies.

So I,ll tinker and scan the web sites to see what can be done.

thanks for your input

regards Hudsoft

snakie
22-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Send them back and tell them, we wont be beta testers no more.
Good thing about Vantage is that they care somehow to the inputs of their users-clients.