PDA

View Full Version : fuba .90m gregorian

satwyn
23-07-2008, 09:03 AM
picking one of these dishes up on the weekend with single .3 invacom lnb never used one are they as good as people say

stu
23-07-2008, 10:37 AM
I have a couple of fibo gregorian dishes, so here are some comments based on my own experience of them:

1. I have a 55cm gregorian that easily performs as well as an 80cm dish. (The 55cm dish has been cast, so the dish shape is as perfect as can be, and there is no possibility of warping, unlike the larger dishes)

2. The build quality and polar mount design are excellent. The graduation on the mount for elevation, etc. is accurate and easy to set, and the whole polar mount pivots simply by loosening a single bolt, so as long as the pole is vertical and you have set the elevation correctly, lining the dish up is as easy as loosening the bolt, swinging the mount round till you get a signal, then retighten the bolt.

3. As regards the performance of the 90cm dish, the one I have does at least as well as a 1m dish I had previously, but not significantly better, as far as I can tell. I have heard claims the 90cm can perform as well as a 1.1 or 1.2m dish, but I don't have one for comparison, so cannot comment on such claims.

Glenn_911
23-07-2008, 02:35 PM
picking one of these dishes up on the weekend with single .3 invacom lnb never used one are they as good as people say

The single C120 Flansch LNB SNF-031 0.3dB is the best you can have for your Fibo Gregorian dish.
Excellent quality in receiving both analogue and digital signals. Feed input 40mm, supply voltage vertical 13 - 14,5 volts. Changeover between low/high band via 22 kHz signal from the receiver.

Connection to an analogue or digital satellite receiver.

Technical Data:

Noise: 0.3dB
Flansch: C 120
Receiving frequency: 10.7 - 12.8 GHz
Oscillating frequency: 9.75 GHz / 10.6 GHz
Switching criteria: 14/18V, 22 kHz

Glenn_911

satwyn
24-07-2008, 07:35 AM
thaks you both for the replies the dish will not be of any use to me i'll probably pass it on to someone that will have some use for it

CROSSBONES
29-07-2008, 08:30 PM
I have all 3 of the Fibo`s.

There very good dish`s, best you can get :respect-044: