PDA

View Full Version : NanoXX 9600ip - biten the dust?!

PeterUK
24-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Forum's vanished today.

5 weeks with next to no service.

Methinks it's tata NanoXX

Helloooo Dreambox :respect-044:

Great whilst it lasted....

tadge
24-07-2008, 07:44 PM
yes the protek 9600ip
closed quite a few days back,
supposed to building a new server,

very Suspicious,

but what can be done...

PeterUK
24-07-2008, 08:01 PM
The NanoXX forum shut for 'one week' from the 17th July = today.

Strangely, although the rest of the forum's been online since then, the whole site has dissapeared today!

catoro
24-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Sore point as I have 2 that replaced my old Innovatives.
Probably should have known better !!!! Went down
the day after purchase, sold at a lower price for two.
Hard to know what's happening at moment but not
any easy task to run this kind of Server & all the
clampdowns going on.

Regards catoro.

whiteswan
25-07-2008, 01:05 AM
DrPaulos do you have any info for us pal?

Have we been deserted?

Dave

spider
25-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Tis Back :respect-013:

drpaulos
25-07-2008, 10:20 AM
I am still around, and the board is back up, but the 9600IP section is still restricted while work to restore service carries on.

Hopefully a few more days...

Doc

hechicero
25-07-2008, 10:37 AM
hi drpaulos,

i have the protek 9600ip. can this be reprogrammed with the nanox software ??(just in case the protek does not return)
as far as i can see the receivers seem the same

Jascat
25-07-2008, 11:14 AM
As mentioned, I see the Nano site is back up. Still no 9600ip forum back despite the one week promise.
The powers that be on that site seem determined to choke off all discussion. Vague statements are made by the gods, then the threads are immediately locked, so no discussion can take place. This shows their arguments are weak & cannot stand scrutiny.
The information given out is worse than useless & usually innacurate. A little democracy in that place would not go amiss.
They tend to forget that we are paying customers who purchased their STB & as such deserve some customer service. I presume the site is run by the sellers of the STB's & run the server.

drpaulos
25-07-2008, 11:45 AM
hi drpaulos,

i have the protek 9600ip. can this be reprogrammed with the nanox software ??(just in case the protek does not return)
as far as i can see the receivers seem the same

Yes you should be able to load NanoXX software on a Protek.

Doc

drpaulos
25-07-2008, 11:49 AM
As mentioned, I see the Nano site is back up. Still no 9600ip forum back despite the one week promise.
The powers that be on that site seem determined to choke off all discussion. Vague statements are made by the gods, then the threads are immediately locked, so no discussion can take place. This shows their arguments are weak & cannot stand scrutiny.
The information given out is worse than useless & usually innacurate. A little democracy in that place would not go amiss.
They tend to forget that we are paying customers who purchased their STB & as such deserve some customer service. I presume the site is run by the sellers of the STB's & run the server.

I think we all need to take a read of the rules before going into any detailed debate:-

No references to other satellite forums
No defamatory remarks about other forums. For example if you were banned on another forum that’s between you and the forum in question. Please do not bring your grievances about other forums here as these kind of threads lead to board wars

What I will say is that I do understand the frustration. I can also say that you are incorrect about the board being run by the sellers / server operators.

Doc

wwe
25-07-2008, 12:18 PM
I am not surprised the 9600 board was shut down after all the negative comments that were made. Of course its very fustrating when the server goes down, and the screens are black. Its good news that the board is now back, just give it a little bit more time, and hopefully the 9600 IP board will be back and the server online.

wwe

Jascat
25-07-2008, 12:37 PM
doc. This whole thread is about the "other site" . I am not banned from any site, & since all discussion was denied their users, I have stated my views here.
As a mod on the "other site" I understand you defending it.
I have no intention of starting any board war as you put it.

drpaulos
25-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I expect the admins/mods will put us straight, if there are any infringements, but my interpretation is that we are already crossing the line re the following:-

No references to other satellite forums
No defamatory remarks about other forums
Please do not bring your grievances about other forums here

I know why this rule was introduced, and in reality the discussions in this thread are not likely to lead to the problems which this rule is designed to prevent, but in my opinion, the three elements of the rule can be construed to have been broken.

I will be very happy when the restricted section is opened back up and look forward to carrying on the discussion there. For reference, one of the other UK sat boards does have a lot of discussion on this topic, and it would be better to continue this subject there, as the aforementioned rules do not apply there. If you don't know where I mean, and want to know where, send me a PM.

Doc

Aldo
25-07-2008, 01:00 PM
@Jascat

Please take the time to read the Rules of this forum:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56249

before launching into any further derogatory remarks about any other forum.

Jascat
25-07-2008, 01:36 PM
I have had my moan & felt it justified.
I just hope for everyones sake the service is restored as promised.

Aldo
25-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I have had my moan & felt it justified.
I just hope for everyones sake the service is restored as promised.

So, if and when the forum is up and running, then the Admin and Mods that you have been less than complimentary about, will probably feel justified in any action that they may take against you, for your verbal abuse of the forum, admin and mods. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

drpaulos
25-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Don't worry, I don't mind people whinging (as long as it is justified). My greater concern is respecting the Satpimps rules.

Doc

wsm25
25-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Visionnet forum was even worse and some people thought it was unjustified to have ago then & look how it ended up, even asking for the pay server was/is a mission.

Still very bitter with that lot treatment although I'm still a member & probably can logon, the nanoxx deff been better , it's is going the same direction though, people are not stupid or with that short memory, I had my money's worth with the nanno, but recent purchasers, I understand very well their frustration and even more their anger, specially if you made your research prior to buying & got the big thumbs up by some moderators from those same forums.

Have I just screwed the rules ? LOL

If you can't tell it how it is without being degrading to anyone, what is a point of a forum.

:)

Jascat
25-07-2008, 04:15 PM
So, if and when the forum is up and running, then the Admin and Mods that you have been less than complimentary about, will probably feel justified in any action that they may take against you, for your verbal abuse of the forum, admin and mods. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Throughout history martyrs have fallen on their swords for the sake of the downtrodden masses. So be it.
However, I have no personal axe to grind with doc.
This discussion (in my opinion fair comment & non defamatory comments about that "other place"), has run its course & no useful purpose would be served by further discussion.

drpaulos
27-07-2008, 10:13 AM
The forum is back now - server will soon also be back :D

Doc

catoro
27-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the update Doc, good news if it all
works out. :respect-039:

Regards catoro.

wwe
27-07-2008, 12:05 PM
well done Doc, hope it all comes back. and i hope you sort out those moaning peeps who gace you grieve.

cheers

wwe

dumbdag3
29-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Server down again !!

drpaulos
29-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Server down again !!

What do you mean down again. It hasn't come back up yet, or did you get it working somehow?

Doc

dumbdag3
29-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry brain drain - I meant the nanoxx forum is down - for me anyway

dumbdag3
29-07-2008, 07:16 PM
and now I can get in - must have been a glitch

drpaulos
29-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Strange, I have not had problems with the NanoXX board today.

Doc

Jascat
01-08-2008, 07:58 PM
The Nano forum is getting annoyed at the number of complaining threads & have brought in Graham 7 super mod as the hatchet man to lock down the threads.

Graham7
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I am only closing threads about the server as there are getting 2 many I have left 2 open were you can talk about the server. All the rest will be lock unless the admin tells me other whys. Makes the forum easy to find what you are looking for.

PeterUK
03-08-2008, 07:10 PM
It was very very good.

Sadly I don't think it'll ever come back as good. If at all.

But I think the way they've been taking everyone for mugs for 5 weeks just goes to show.....

whiteswan
05-08-2008, 10:01 AM
The Nanno forum gone again ?

Dave

spider
05-08-2008, 10:41 AM
The Nanno forum gone again ?

Dave

still working here :respect-048:

Jascat
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Everytime I log in, I get stuck in a loop back to log in. I cannot access a forum.
Now able to get into the site using internet explorer. For some reason I cannot get access using Firefox.

Further update. Site now does not open at all.

Jascat
11-08-2008, 06:04 PM
It appears I have been banned from the Nano site. This was for daring to reply to a personally insulting post to me from Troja 47 ( one of the administraters). I was not personal or insulting in my reply, which pointed out his attitude.
I think they are losing the plot over on that site.

wwe
11-08-2008, 06:36 PM
It appears I have been banned from the Nano site. This was for daring to reply to a personally insulting post to me from Troja 47 ( one of the administraters). I was not personal or insulting in my reply, which pointed out his attitude.
I think they are losing the plot over on that site.

I think you deserved to get banned and all but asked for it, The justified verbal abuse you say you got was like being slight brushed with a soggy sock, and boy did you have it coming. And so now your banned we won't be able to hear your comments on there, shame really, you were quite funny with your unreasonable rants. Don't take this message the wrong way as you had some good valid points, but now those points won't be heard on the nanoxx forum. You need to calm down a bit and enjoy your hobby and don't take things too personnaly.

just my pennies worth
:respect-023:

Jascat
11-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I think they are getting the hump because people are now realising that the jam tomorrow promises are just not going to happen. They are not one step further forward than they were weeks ago. Even when the previous server was working at its best, there was still freezing, or outages. That was no good if you were trying to follow a serial.
I will probably go for a Dreambox & pay for something that at least is reliable & watchable.

Jascat
11-08-2008, 07:05 PM
People should be able to say what they think, when i got banned i had a message to say i could not post or pm anyone for 30 days, so i changed my AVATAR picture to this as they couldnt stop me from changing it.

then they banned me,mind you i found it quite funny

chelsebaoy

I never received any notification. I tried to log in & got an invalid account.

drpaulos
26-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Annoucement on NanoXX forum:-

"Server News:

Boris has uploaded a modified software 1.38.4.
It allows the following c/s packages: Csat Astra, Cyfra+ HB and FreexTV as before.
In addition it opens some TVVlaanderen - and there will be more packages added.
The server is running much more stable with it, too.

The NewcamD function has been enhanced to allow 6 ports/server.

Please note: loading this soft will wipe out your box IP-address and your Proxy-port.
After rebooting your box, dhcp will reallocate the IP, but the Proxy-port must be reinserted manually.

We also have uploaded a modified keyfile 88 which you need to have the Vlaanderen channels as c/s package.

You can load both files via webloader. "

Annoucement on Protek forum:-

"New (old) software 1.38.4 available in download including keyfile! Upload both files with Webloader.
Now 5 packages open! C+/TV Vlaanderen/Canal Digitaal (Astra), Cyfra/FreeX (Hotbird).
Please note: loading this soft will wipe out your box IP-address and your Proxy-port.
After rebooting your box, dhcp will reallocate the IP, but the Proxy-port must be reinserted manually. Proxy setting as before:

123.242.231.183 and port 0023 ot 0080. "

This is no claim that things are 100%, but there is a big improvement and more improvements will follow.

Doc

kegnkiwi
26-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Ha Ha doc, you carn't hide anywhere:respect-059: Get ready for the ****ardment when the others servers up.

ki

Aldo
26-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi Ki

I hope that your " Get ready for the ****ardment when the others servers up", does become a fact, and in the not too distant future.:respect-057:

catoro
26-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated drpaulos. Have just updated Inno & dumped Protek for time being. Will have
to decide if to wait until things are properly sorted or give it
a try. !! Credit to the people that are helping out until perhaps
things will get sorted.

Regards catoro.

kegnkiwi
26-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi Ki

I hope that your " Get ready for the ****ardment when the others servers up", does become a fact, and in the not too distant future.:respect-057:

Hi aldo, I'm looking into my crystall ball and oh I would say within 24 hours maybe.:cheers2:

ki

drpaulos
26-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi ki,

Not hiding from anybody mate :)

Doc

PeterUK
26-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I cant be bothered to get mine from the loft infact if the server does come back, i think i will sell it.

chelseaboy

That's what I'm hoping for too :respect-057:

The Necrom
27-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi , i successfully loaded the 2 files , im now on k88 . But cannot recieve any channels on the server . Is it down ??

the necromancer.

sparky 7
27-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Same here loaded new software 138.4 and key 88 :07: and grateful for new channels if only i could view them all channels including the 3 original packages only clear for a few seconds then gone for over a minute:willy_nilly:

The Necrom
27-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi All , IM SORTED :respect-055:,

i Just checked to see what port i was on and it was 0000, so i put in 0080 and hit menu ,then exit , and it now all works :respect-059:

thanks drpaulos .

the necromancer.

catoro
27-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Decided to update mine to try. One chan I tested was stable
for a time, others still freezing. That was in the afternoon, as
soon as the evening traffic connected it took a nose dive :smash:

Still it's quick to update via Browser & very light to put in loft:D

Regards catoro.

The Necrom
27-08-2008, 05:16 PM
:party: No freezing here , all is good :bigear: watching the Premier League DARTS review of the season . The final is on now on SPORT 1 ,
Holland ,................... Taylor V Wade .

Happy Days :respect-069:

the necromancer.

drpaulos
27-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Pleased you are sorted necromancer.

Doc

PS. The webshop of the people you bought your receiver from seems to be back online, but not their forum.

The Necrom
27-08-2008, 05:47 PM
One Hundred and Eighteeeeeeeeee:applause-003::applause-003::applause-003:

interesting news Doc :willy_nilly:

The Necrom
27-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Wheres Ki , Doc ? ,

Is he glued to the Darts reminissing as well ?? Where are you Ki ???:

the necromancer .

drpaulos
27-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't keep tracks on other members, I am sure they will reveal themselves if they want to.

Doc

UTV
01-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, trying to get my protek working and just read this topic had a look at my SW version and mine is at v1.39 already, is an update available for that version?

catoro
01-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Though I havn't bothered with mine for a few days UTV, read the
posts. You have to downgrade at present, mine was at 1.40.

Think the one to use is 1.38.4 & key file 88. Look at file section under
Fortec.

Regards catoro.

The Necrom
01-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Dont you mean Protek ? :D

necromancer.

catoro
01-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Dont you mean Protek ? :D

necromancer.

Sorry about that, my mistake. Thinking of Innovative thread:rolleyes:

Regards catoro.

chelseaboy
01-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, trying to get my protek working and just read this topic had a look at my SW version and mine is at v1.39 already, is an update available for that version?

I wouldnt bother just yet, the server it not very good, i would just use it for premier until it goes.

Then fingers crossed the server might be back as it was.

chelseaboy

The Necrom
01-09-2008, 06:33 PM

@utv ,

Read this topic mate , drpaulos has put information about what you need to view the 5 packages . You will need to download the software from protekfiles site . Make sure its BT:1.34 SW:VI.38.4 K:88

The software is definitely worth having mate , the freezing is minimal ,and if you know what you are doing , youll open up more than 5 packages :respect-069:

necromancer.

The Necrom
03-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Pleased you are sorted necromancer.

Doc

PS. The webshop of the people you bought your receiver from seems to be back online, but not their forum.

:party: Yup as we all know , we are back , the forum is now back :respect-055: ( for some people anyway :respect-056: )

This is the topic i was refering to doc , the news from boris here !!! and you cood if you so wish add what you pm,ed myself about when you type in the proxy ip adress , if it doesnt work , leave out the zero,s .

necromancer

sparky 7
03-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Hear u now:smilielol5: get a free magic wand with every new nano96ooip can anyone confirm ?

The Necrom
03-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Those are only provided as an extreme last resort for people who cannot get it to work properly :respect-055:

necromancer

Sorry ive just fallen over laughing !!!!!!!!!

drpaulos
11-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi guys,

New sw1.38.4(.2) is available on the NanoXX and Protek boards, which should address the freezing issue on all packages (except Cyfra+), which I believe is not down to an IP traffic issue.

The following description has been posted on the Protek board:-

Boris modified the actual software! v1.38.4(.2). Upload both files with Webloader.
YOU MUST CHANGE PROXY IP SETTING TO 123.242.231.181!!!
Now 6 packages open! C+/TV Vlaanderen/Canal Digitaal/D+ (Astra), Cyfra/FreeX (Hotbird).

This is not the end of the improvements - work to restore other packages will continue.

Doc

crozier
11-09-2008, 04:55 PM
as you may see im new to this so please forgive my ignorance onthis matter ;; when you say webloader and download the new software please what or how do i do this i have receicer connected by router cable to receicver but says fail to connect to server please advise me as to where im going wrong and as to what to do and how many thanks

drpaulos
11-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Webloader will function if you enter the IP address of your receiver into your internet browser, eg if your receiver is on 192.168.1.10, enter this address into the address bar of your browser and press enter

Then you will be asked for a username and password. The default is as follows:-

Username: admin
Password: 0000

Once these have been entered, you will see an option to browse to files, and a button to upload the files.

Doc

crozier
11-09-2008, 06:51 PM
many thanks doc;; going to give it a try

crozier
11-09-2008, 07:44 PM
doc this is what i got inputt address says software.go.ra is this what you mean by ip address sorry if i sound thick

ahmet-50
11-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi all and lets all be POSITIVE,:flowers-007:

I have just invested in the Protek 9600IP and all I can say is that since last Saturday [6th. September 2008] I have sought advice from another board specilising in Protek/NanoXX/Maxx and I have been really surprised @ all the help I got! All the mods were brilliant including DrPaulos , APPLIANCES and daggers35 who helped me set up my Protek and I got it all running smoothly by Sunday pm and since then there has been two Key updates and as of this evening there has been an update on s/w so you realley cannot ask for more!:cup-006:

It sometimes sickens me when I read negative posts! After all it's a hobby and a learning curve for us all. I have nothing but praise for all the mods on all the sites I visit their job is hard enough finding and cracking codes for us all to enjoy whether we have a card, cam, emu or c/s so lets just give some credit and be positive. Maybe the suppliers should invest some more in these sites but thats for them to decide! and spend.:beatdeadhorse5:

So please guyz dont forget your glass is always 'HALF FULL' and never half empty!!

Regards ahmet-50:party:

Technomate 6900+HD COMBO, Protek 6900IP, Diablo Light 2.3, T-Rex 4.6and loadsa useless ice scrapers and other cams

drpaulos
11-09-2008, 09:34 PM
doc this is what i got inputt address says software.go.ra is this what you mean by ip address sorry if i sound thick

No I mean the IP address that your router has given your receiver, if indeed it has - this relies on the DHCP (dynamic) function of a router.

If you don't have this, you would need to set up a static IP address, which is a networking function, not a function of your receiver, and therefore this site.

Doc

tlal05
04-10-2008, 08:18 PM
hi guys,
i would like to know if i can put an image on the protek 9600ip box as i know someone who has one and it is just collecting dust.

thanks

tlal05