PDA

View Full Version : First time user of DB800

wwe
25-07-2008, 05:25 PM
DB800 should arrive tomorrow, as a complete newbie to this, but i have read a lot about the varrious settings etc... what would be the best image for me, all i want to do is get all that's avaialble with emulation, and set up a c-line. The main package for emulation is Showtime 7 west. From there and when its stable i will experiment further.

wwe

Gone_Fishing
25-07-2008, 05:44 PM
As I said in the other thread mgcamd 1.25 clears showtime, but if your going to be
running CCcam with a C line you could use vplug and SBCL and add a N line to your
CCcam.cfg then you wont need to use more than one emu

I'm sure someone can confirm that would work :respect-050:

TNT

wwe
25-07-2008, 06:10 PM
As I said in the other thread mgcamd 1.25 clears showtime, but if your going to be
running CCcam with a C line you could use vplug and SBCL and add a N line to your
CCcam.cfg then you wont need to use more than one emu

I'm sure someone can confirm that would work :respect-050:

TNT

Sounds complicated, but can i run more than one emu, as i'd rather not use vplug as it is for pc's really. But to use cccam and mgcamd might be better.

cheers for your help

wwe

Gone_Fishing
25-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes you can stick Emus to channels or Packages so they start/stop when you select that package

TNT

wwe
25-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes you can stick Emus to channels or Packages so they start/stop when you select that package

TNT

thanks thats worth knowing, i'll find out how to do that when i'm ready

thanks

wwe

wwe
25-07-2008, 07:22 PM
whats the best image for a newbie to use during the learning stages

wwe

Gone_Fishing
25-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Sorry I cant answer that one but most images work in pretty much the same way so I
would read the thread below and see which you think sounds the best or has the
least amount of problems

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=87609

TNT

wwe
27-07-2008, 07:50 PM
i have heard that there are lip-sync issues with db800 is this still the case or has it been fixed or were there never these problems

cheers

wwe

A
27-07-2008, 08:09 PM
fixed i dont have any

wwe
28-07-2008, 03:28 PM
just gets better, (A) mine arrives tomorrow from the Sponser, going to upload the drivers for HD then load, gemani 3.7 then cccam, try and get the motor going with 1.2, and see what softcams are availble, for emu. After that and if all goes well i will the other toys availble. If anyone can think of anything else I would love to here it. Such as any pitfalls during the setup stages.

cheers

wwe