PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Motor Set-Up using USALS

hda5
28-07-2008, 05:27 PM
If your using DiSEqC 1.2 you will have to set-up the dish positions manually. If your usuing USALS it should be automatic.

Here's the USALS procedure from memory (someone please jump in and correct me if I've made any mistakes)

First make sure the dish is correctly aligned on a satellite, eg THOR 1W

Press Menu -> Set Up -> Service Searching -> Tuner Configuration

Choose Tuner
ALPS BSBE2 (DVB-S2) - Press OK

Configuration Mode: Advanced

Satellite : THOR 1W

Voltage Mode: Polarization

Tone Mode: band

LNB : LNB 1

DiSEqC Mode: 1.2

Use USALS for this Sat: Yes

Longitude: Set this to the correct Longitude for your area.
To find the correct longitude settings for your area go to the following website
http://www.multimap.com/

In the "Find a Map" box at the top left of the page, enter your post code.
Select your country in the drop down box below it and click on the "Find" button.

This will display a map on the screen and below the map at the bottom right you
will see your Latitude information, example below for Post Code NW1 UK :-

Lat: 51:31:59N (51.53319)
Lon: 0:08:40W (-0.1445)

So in this example in the Dreambox menu you'd set

Longitude: 51.533
West

wwe
29-07-2008, 06:37 PM
hi does this work please before i try it, it sounds too easy

thanks

wwe

harshy
17-08-2008, 07:03 PM
there's also other options as well, do they need to be disabled, ie set to no, its so confusing with the array of options and most importantly does this actually work with the current gemini images?

I noticed you haveb't put in Latitude, this needs to go in as well surely?

harshy
17-08-2008, 07:04 PM
hi does this work please before i try it, it sounds too easy

thanks

wwe

Hello wwe, does your motor setup work with gemini?

wwe
18-08-2008, 07:58 AM
harshy,
I am using gemini.3.7 and it works perfectly, i have set it up on two motorised dishes now, but please note after putting your lat & lon in then swtich usals to off in setups. Yeah i know this sounds daft but it works for me this way. The db wil then find each sat automatically then just save position. It took me three days and with loads of help to get it going, now its easy.

You will have to go through the learning curve, but you will get there.

i have moved onto PVR and recording now with my internal hd

wwe

harshy
18-08-2008, 10:37 AM
thanks wwe thats interesting to turn USALS off, I will upgrade it to Gemini 3.7 after my hols.

Thanks again,

harshy :)

scrupples
18-08-2008, 10:53 AM
dont know why wwe says turn off usals cause it works perfect for me with them on. I turned them of on 16e and ad setting 1 for this sat, but only cause it needed slight adjustment.

harshy
18-08-2008, 12:00 PM
it looks like its gonna be tricky. but many thanks for the info guys, I just hope the DM800 works this time with this setup :)

OK, thanks again,

harshy

harshy
01-09-2008, 11:35 PM
made some progress today, managed to get 16E today with a reasonably decent signal, although one or two were breaking up, so thats 19.2E, 16E, 13E and 28.2E, i'll try 10E tomorrow, just one question will I have to do this all again if I change image?

scrupples
02-09-2008, 06:43 AM
not if you use backup/restore plugin to save your settings. btw how did you get on with the settings i sent you?

wwe
02-09-2008, 07:51 AM
dont know why wwe says turn off usals cause it works perfect for me with them on. I turned them of on 16e and ad setting 1 for this sat, but only cause it needed slight adjustment.

because on onother forum they said to try it with it off and it worked. I have set two motorised dishes up this way and they both work perfectly

wwe

harshy
02-09-2008, 11:05 PM
not if you use backup/restore plugin to save your settings. btw how did you get on with the settings i sent you?

Hello scrupples,

Not tried it yet as the installer is coming around again on Saturday, I confused him totally, having said that I thing I have got the jist of this, I've managed to locate 10E, tuning it in right now in fact :)

I just need to know how to fine tune as Setanta is coming in weak at 28.2e

OK, thanks again,

harshy

scrupples
02-09-2008, 11:13 PM
to fine tune turn off usals and choose a stored position number. then under positioner settings choose the position number and move dish east west.

harshy
04-09-2008, 10:11 PM
ok I'll try this :)

harshy
06-09-2008, 12:34 PM
yep everything working just Set*anta the problem with breakup now, why Se*an*a?

wwe
06-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Se*an*a has the away fixtures rights of all Englands WCQ, basically its ITV trying to get extra cash by PPV.

wwe

aabs
27-09-2008, 07:53 PM
After a full day of painfully finding the sats manually, without a channel list.
I can safely say I would Prefer to sell my dreambox than go through that again !!!

So to save me having to go to a well known auction site in the future.
What the best way to back up my stored sat positions so I can re-install them again when I update my image in the future.

PS im running blackhole 0.3

spec119
12-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Actually there is a much simpler way don't select advanced use simple (keep it simple lol) on the second line it will probably have a 2 way diseqc displayed simply scroll right until you see positioner and just simply type in your longtitude/latitude

Things to remember the figures you get from multimap or your gps may not work 100% as you sometimes have to allow for less than perfect installations so try tweaking the longtitude half a degree or so till you get a good signal across all the sats

There is a known issue with STAB motors and Enigma 2 based dreamboxes in fact many of us use are secondary stb to get the dish in the right position

Hope this helps

karlpowell
17-10-2008, 01:52 PM
how do you get a minus - on screen ? my long is -2.4486

kegnkiwi
17-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Don't just put 2.448 then west if your in the uk.

ki

karlpowell
17-10-2008, 03:04 PM
thanks

PieFacE
05-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi all!

Tomorrow i'm getting a dreambox for the very first time (800)...

I'm purchasing all the parts to get everything working together, and by the sounds of it... a USALS motor will save me a load of time. I don't fancy manually finding all the SATS....

So i'm just asking for your opinion really, as i'm pretty new to all this...

Will this motor do the job?

Link removed please read the forum rules.
Any help will be mostly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sam

PS, please look at URL carefully when opening it ;)

karlpowell
05-11-2008, 09:42 PM
yes it will ,but be prepared to pull what remaining hair you have left from your scalp ... I have still jnot got my dm800 to work properly with my motor and sometimes have to go back to my dm7020 when i need to find a satellite .

I CAN FIND THEM MANUALY , BUT IF I TRY TO DO ITH THE EASY WEAY WITH USALS , IT ALL GOES TO POT

PieFacE
05-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Thank you, lucky for me i have quite a lot of hair!

I don't like the idea of manually finding them...

How many people have had trouble in getting the USALS to auto find Sats after finding the initial one?

aabs
16-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Not to bad to find if you load a channel list first.
If not forget it !!!!
Nobody told me this and it took me 3 days to find the sats without a channel list.
wih a channel list it takes an 1 hour or 2.

applematt
16-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Not to bad to find if you load a channel list first.
If not forget it !!!!
Nobody told me this and it took me 3 days to find the sats without a channel list.
wih a channel list it takes an 1 hour or 2.

Sp best to install Image first -- then skip setup to install a Channel list - Then Scan ?

miscia
06-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Hi hda5,

I thank you with my whole heart.
At last I managed to get to the positioner of the DreamBox 800HD.

Thanks again, Thanks, Thanks:respect-055::bowing-036::respect-040:

zveka
10-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Dreambox 800HD have manual configuration of motor?

Just putting the position of sattelite (1.0w)?

techmob
27-01-2009, 10:15 PM
the way i set my motor up was position it at 1w and fine tune until good signal, spun it to 30w and got a signal tightened up and i hit the arc just nicely

now to my point regarding usals, i have never needed to use them as setting a dm500 with manual sats, fine tuning was easy and accurate, anytime i have tried usals i got nothing on the dm500.. now i read the dm800 is a pain manually installing sats and usals is the way to go, but this brings me to what i believe is the problem can anyone confirm?

that i never set my motor on the motor itself to the long and lat to my house, it is just manually setup to tune into the arc and not via my long and lat on the motor itself and not via the software on the box, which leads me to think if i put the long and lat into my box, it will be pointless because of my motors position?

although i can actually hit sats from example 42e to 31w manually

p.s hope that made sense to someone lol

zyban
28-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Don't just put 2.448 then west if your in the uk.

ki

The dream config is actually as this 000.000

So you would enter like this 002.448 is that correct?

Armsoft
09-07-2009, 12:36 PM
If your using DiSEqC 1.2 you will have to set-up the dish positions manually. If your usuing USALS it should be automatic.

Here's the USALS procedure from memory (someone please jump in and correct me if I've made any mistakes)

Choose Tuner

To find the correct longitude settings for your area go to the following website

Select your country in the drop down box below it and click on the "Find" button.

West

For SL6 UK Postcode the details show as -

Lat: 51:31:33N (51.52583)
Lon: 0:45:14W (-0.75383)

Do I need to enter on Dreambox

Longitude 000.753
West

Lattitude 051.525
North

Thanks

garz
18-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I have just managed to get my one set up. I am running Oozoon on Flash and Gemini 4.40 with Barry Allen. Hopefully the info I supply can help as it worked 100 % for me once I had realised where I was going wrong.

I used a sat nav to get my settings but Multimap will do. Both settings
were really close.

1st thing I did was add a channel list as without that the dish would have no idea of where to move.

In configuration mode I selected "simple" I installed my position however this is where I struggled and might be able to help olthers with my mistake.

Lat was easy as it is a positive number. So For example I entered 055.233. Then North

However my Long was a minus No and I was informed to just ignore the minus and add in the numbers. This is incorrect and the way I have managed to get this to work is say for example your Long is -002.307 west You deduct this figure from 360 (as you want the minus to become a positive) and the answer you get you enter into the decoder.

So in the example above you would enter........

Configuration Mode simple
Mode positioner
Longitude 357.693
West
Latitude 055.233
North

Now press ok and exit back to your main screen. Just select the satellites and it should find them. For me this worked 100% although I seem to have to manually install about 3 sats 16e being one of them. But with these settings it found everything else and the complete process only took about 15 mins.

These are not my settings so if they point to some poor guys house appologies for that. I didn't want everyone on the internet seeing my house address. Lets face it now we have google street maps you could see the loose wires on my dish instalation ;)

Regards

Garz

cueboy
18-10-2009, 03:19 PM
im in liverpool think remember setting my latitude to south if i set it 2 north it wouldn't pick the sats up

pallopaa
31-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Hello!

I have followed all the instructions I have come across, inluding the ones on the first post of this thread, but I just cannot get the motor to move. You guys and gals have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks! :)

ssjenkins
31-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Hello!

I have followed all the instructions I have come across, inluding the ones on the first post of this thread, but I just cannot get the motor to move. You guys and gals have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks! :)

Try storing the first sat (POS 1) with USALS = "ON" and see if it moves . If it does then once it stops put it back to "OFF" and try moving the motor manually . It's a real pain . It took me about 4 hours to get it set back up this week after changing images .

Sammy

pallopaa
31-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks! Unfortunately the motor still does not move...

ssjenkins
31-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Have you tried doing a factory reset and starting from scratch ?

markez
08-09-2010, 11:13 PM
how do you get a minus - on screen ? my long is -2.4486

nice dog

Sorte
02-10-2010, 11:34 AM
I've used your instructions to install a DiSEqC motor to dish on a DM800hd. It has helped me a lot, thanks. : Respect-055:
However, it is possible to use an LNB monobloc, and in this way reducing the movement of the bowl?

Sorte
02-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I've used your instructions to install a DiSEqC motor to dish on a DM800hd. It has helped me a lot, thanks.
However, it is possible to use an LNB monobloc, and in this way reducing the movement of the bowl?

Sorte
02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
I've used your instructions to install a DiSEqC motor to dish on a DM800hd. It has helped me a lot, thanks. :hurray:

_________________________________ ________________

Choose Tuner

West

apriliarsvr
02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
:confused: why would you want to do that.. :confused:

thats defeating the object of having a motorised dish..!! :respect-050:

Sorte
05-10-2010, 11:29 PM
I use a monoblock LNB to receive 0.8 W and 4.8 E, and therefore there is no reason to move the dish between them.

I put both positions to 1, but it dosent work

If I use 2 different positions for the two satellites, and allow the dish to rotate, then everything is OK

Can you help me with a solution? (Maybe I am sending this note 2 times, sorry)

dale094
20-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Why would you want to do that on a motorised system

dreamboxok
03-03-2013, 01:35 PM
thank you very much,i like , it can help me