PDA

View Full Version : Vantage8000HD English Manual here

Sat-anic
29-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Hello over there. I uploaded an english manual for Vantage HD8000S, but actually it was not the correct one. The right manual has been released in the official site. Thanks for the correction and sorry for wrong info.

hudsoft
29-07-2008, 03:28 PM
this is not the manual for the Vantage HD8000, its the manual for 6000/7100HD.

This the one supplied with the HD8000 CD.
Vantage said the English HD8000 would be available last week but still on sign of it.

Sat-anic
29-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Since it's included in the CD, i thought it was the Vantage 8000 manual. Any way, thanks for the info. Actually there are no big differences in using the receiver. 8000 has 2 tuners, internal SATA HDD ready and 4 ways of upgrading:RS232, USB Stick, Direct internet connection, OTA).

hudsoft
30-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi sat-anic

At last I come across someone who has got one of these machines I know at lease 10 have been sold by the same supplier in the UK.
I’d be very interested to see what you findings are. If you search on Hudsoft you will see some comments I’ve already made.

Also
The vantage site has an English section but when you register the reply email is in German so not very helpful.

Up to the last software update I was able input keys via the USB but now nothing happens. I’ve also tried using the RS232 with the same null modem cable I use with the TM6900 and WINUP 2.6 but cannot get it to work.
In the motor section I can’t always get the dish to move?

You may well be right about similarities but unless you have the HD8000 manual you don’t know (apart from twin tuners and blind scan) what other changes have been made.

Zeke
30-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Direct internet connection, OTA).

Is a net connection required or just a plain ethernet network?

hudsoft
30-07-2008, 04:35 PM
The HD8000 English manual is available now on the vantage site

Sat-anic
31-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi hudsoft!
*Well, in order RS232 to work, you have to power on the STB but in Stand by mode. Open Channel Editor and prepare the file to be uploaded. Then, press Red Stand by button to start STB and the upload will start.
*I personally connected the STB to my modem router wich has 4 ethernet ports and got the Vantage ftp server easily.
*I haven't tried DiSEqC Motor yet.
*USB firmware upgrade works fine, as well as both card readers ucas with hdp firmware(unofficial). I tried Irdeto 2 and Viaccess cards
That's for now
Have a nice day

hudsoft
31-07-2008, 05:11 PM
cheers mate

USB firmware upgrade works fine with me, have not tried (or come across hdp firmware(unofficial)), but ‘keys, do not work. They did before the last firmware upgrade.

Have not used Channel Editor as yet, are you saying ‘Keys’ can be loaded via the Channel Editor?

Regards
Hudsoft

Sat-anic
31-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi mate!
I haven't loaded any keys yet, but propably it will be possible via RS232. Channel Editor works fine for serial uploading of firmware and settings. The best thing would be an unoficcial server for the STB, for downloading the latest softcam and hpd firmware!!
I'm going on holidays now, i will be back on 25 August. Have a good time!