PDA

View Full Version : Sharp LCD,

dede777
04-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi to everyone,

Can anyone who owns one tell me what they think of the Sharp 46" LC46X20E LCD. Curry's have got a good deal on it at the moment and i am thinking of getting one. It boasts a full 1080 and i am wondering why it so cheap. Also whats the best Plasma or LCD?

sparky_dog
04-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Looks a nice TV, can't help you with specifics, but I would avoid Currys.

Try Richer Sounds, around the same price, or John Lewis, if they have the TV you want in stock. JL take some beating, they will price match locally and give a 5 year warranty on all TVs. Both shops are good if you ever have a problem.

As for the Plasma/LCD debate, both have strengths and weaknesses but from what I've seem actually in people's homes, I still think Plasma still has the edge overall, particularly for viewing SD material. The power consumption is high though...

dede777
04-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for that info i will look at JL.

Angelacr
04-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I have a Sharp LC-42XD1EA pretty much identical spec to X20Es and it is the bees knees. I love it. I got mine direct from Sharp UK with a massive £600 discount off list almost making it half price. Sharp are bringing out thinner displays and this is Curry's probably trying to clear the decks and tempt people to part with cash in a looming recession. I recommend you look at Sharp UK and also search for 'Sharp dicount codes' When I bought mine I had found a working 35% off code but Sharp put up a dicount for everyone on their site that gave me the discount mentioned at the top.

Sharp were once the best LCD panel makers then they had a few years in the doldrums now they are back amongst the best makes again.

Go for it!

fcukbcfc
04-08-2008, 01:33 PM
very happy with mine i also have the same as Angelacr than it for over a year now very good picture the full hd is the dogs knackers.

dede777
04-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks for info guys.