PDA

View Full Version : edg-nemesis 4.2 loading help

Jono
06-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi All,
trying to help a m8 sort out his 9100s with edg-nemesis 4.2 but the image i have downloaded wont go on to his box using TCC flashing it over lan is there a special way to load it or am i doing something wrong need it in flash.

Cheers Jono

zola25
06-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I would not use 4.2 it has some big problems load 4.1 instead

Jono
06-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I would not use 4.2 it has some big problems load 4.1 instead

cheers bud but from what i read it is fine and stable also cccam and card slots are fine with it but i need info how to flash the reciever with that image as ur u just load it with tcc over LAN but this ain't recognised.

Jono

Gone_Fishing
06-08-2008, 10:23 PM
You will need to add the other files that go with "TM9100_update.img" to flash using TCC

Alternatively send "TM9100_update.img" to /tmp folder then go to [Setup > Expert Setup > Software Update > Manual Update] and select that file

After its loaded do a factory reset

Make sure you use the correct version for his box, standard or super

TNT

mytoza
06-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Fine & stable 4.2 isn't unless you never put the box in standby. Also it has a memory leak and the free ram gradually is eaten up by the buffer until none is left.

Jono
06-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Fine & stable 4.2 isn't unless you never put the box in standby. Also it has a memory leak and the free ram gradually is eaten up by the buffer until none is left.

Well guys your right what a pile of **** box reboots every ten or so click of the remote

is 4.1 any better and will cccam read cards in it

Jono

chelseaboy
07-08-2008, 12:02 AM
im running 4.1 with cccam and it seems fine.

chelseaboy

Jono
07-08-2008, 12:04 AM
ok now have a bigger problem managed to load it to my old box. fine but when i tried my m8s we get a hanging on boot problem all we get is the image picture and then it black then picture of boot nothing else.
fook i hate the 9100 now i've owned a DM for a month.
we tried reloading the image and technomate image via serial but it the same it is a technomate 9100super

cheers For the help

Jono

chelseaboy
07-08-2008, 12:06 AM
best thing to do is turn it off then on and old the up button on the reciever and do a factory reset, see if this helps.

If not you might have to reload the original image through a serial cable back onto it and go from there.

try it

chelseaboy

echelon
07-08-2008, 08:44 AM
ok now have a bigger problem managed to load it to my old box. fine but when i tried my m8s we get a hanging on boot problem all we get is the image picture and then it black then picture of boot nothing else.
fook i hate the 9100 now i've owned a DM for a month.
we tried reloading the image and technomate image via serial but it the same it is a technomate 9100super

cheers For the help

Jono

frankly , if you had taken more notice of my reply to your pm earlier yesterday and not tried this then you would not be getting the problems you are having now would you ?

I did tell you to load ds-cvs2 onto the flash and run images from the mmc , but no , you know best and ignored the advice.
I also told you ppl were complaining about the v4.2 image but you went ahead anyway , mytoza gave you the edited version :)

the fact you get something indicates to me you should carry on trying to serial load an older image , even a 005 image after a factory reset , then factory reset again and load a tm011 or tm009 image , then try loading the ds-cvs2 and start using an mmc

what you fail to realise is that if you use a recommended flash image like ds-cvs2 , the flash wont get corrupted and the mmc can easily be used for testing images without affecting the main boot , and you can test different images or go back to an earlier one on the mmc , sd cards are less than £5 so I fail to see the obsessions with loading the flash on a tm9100

that is why I told you what to do with ds-cvs2 , but if you ignore advice , why ask ? you have caused your own problems here by ignoring free advice , then complaining about it afterwards

sorry but that is how I feel , and I have loaded 4 of these boxes in this manner so do know that much about them. I have had problems with the flash in the past , which is why I wont stick anything unavoidable in the flash , as I mentioned in the pm to you

if necessary you could jtag it , but I dont think its gone that far , yet !!!

if you can get the factory screen up by pressing the front panel buttons , then you should be able to factory reset it , and should be able to then initiate a serial load of an older flash , or maybe even ds-cvs2 , and remeber to factory reset AGAIN after loading this flash successfully

kepp trying to serial load , and dont forget the factory reset is BEFORE , AND AFTER any flash installation

mytoza
07-08-2008, 09:59 AM
I also told you ppl were complaining about the v4.2 image but you went ahead anyway , mytoza gave you the edited version
LOL Echelon is quite correct that is a heavily edited version :respect-023:

You are no where near to having to jtag if you are in boot loop or can factory reset the box.
Remember to ensure all cards including any SD /MMC cards are removed from the box and that you have a null modem cable for the serial load.
Also go into your device manager and ensure that your com port is set to 115200 otherwise your serial load will take a long time.
However do not load the 005 image on a super as it is only for the standard 9100, for a super the minimum is the 009 image but the latest DS CVS would be far better as Echelon stated.

Jono
07-08-2008, 10:18 AM
frankly , if you had taken more notice of my reply to your pm earlier yesterday and not tried this then you would not be getting the problems you are having now would you ?

I did tell you to load ds-cvs2 onto the flash and run images from the mmc , but no , you know best and ignored the advice.
I also told you ppl were complaining about the v4.2 image but you went ahead anyway , mytoza gave you the edited version :)

the fact you get something indicates to me you should carry on trying to serial load an older image , even a 005 image after a factory reset , then factory reset again and load a tm011 or tm009 image , then try loading the ds-cvs2 and start using an mmc

what you fail to realise is that if you use a recommended flash image like ds-cvs2 , the flash wont get corrupted and the mmc can easily be used for testing images without affecting the main boot , and you can test different images or go back to an earlier one on the mmc , sd cards are less than £5 so I fail to see the obsessions with loading the flash on a tm9100

that is why I told you what to do with ds-cvs2 , but if you ignore advice , why ask ? you have caused your own problems here by ignoring free advice , then complaining about it afterwards

sorry but that is how I feel , and I have loaded 4 of these boxes in this manner so do know that much about them. I have had problems with the flash in the past , which is why I wont stick anything unavoidable in the flash , as I mentioned in the pm to you

if necessary you could jtag it , but I dont think its gone that far , yet !!!

if you can get the factory screen up by pressing the front panel buttons , then you should be able to factory reset it , and should be able to then initiate a serial load of an older flash , or maybe even ds-cvs2 , and remeber to factory reset AGAIN after loading this flash successfully

kepp trying to serial load , and dont forget the factory reset is BEFORE , AND AFTER any flash installation

:bravo-009::respect-055::iagree:

but you no i've always had problem with iboot
anyway i'll give 009 another go and see if that does anything is it ok for 9100supers? Better then whats there now

o and by the way I never complain I appricate all the help from you guys and I was told by a friend I must have nemisis in flash for the card slots to work with cccam i've done it fine on my own that i dug out of the loft and reading other post of it on mmc the reciever card slots don't work
but these 9100 are just touchy
o and thats another thing his box won't factory reset on button up like mine will

Cheers Jono

echelon
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
as mytoza says , if its a super do not load in 005 , thats what I do if my standard machine goes awol ( and it only does that if I mess with the flash on very rare occasions )

try tm009 or tm011 or the ds-cvs2 as I said earlier , using serial load at 115200 as mentioned above , with factory resets galore etc etc

yes I agree the tm9100 flash can be temperamantal , which is the precise reason I avoid it altogether , especialls as the new ds-cvs2 allows dreambox and tm images to work on an mmc

maybe you do have trouble with iboot , but its better to have that trouble than a corrupt flash as at least its easy to sort out and leave the main flash alone just booting the ds-cvs2 , and the new JIBOOT 4.3 ( java iboot ) is even better than the older iboot 3 which in turn is better than previous iboots

get the basics right and it just falls into place on this receiver ( and no I havent tried a super so have no idea on that one )

you will find that over the last 14 months or so I have consistently said I like to use a basic flash and everything else on an sd mmc card , which still golds true and I currently have 6 images on that card to choose from , 2 dreambox and 4 tm9100 , I can even use super images on the mmc if I wanted to , and could have a dozen or more should I want to

believe me , I dont like having to fix a flash and so am wary of flash images , but this ds-cvs2 is well worth installing and jiboot v4.3 as well

and yes your friend may be right about using multiple cards etc , there is something to be said for having a stable working image in the flash , no question about it , but I have yet to see one that is trouble free so will stick with jiboot and ds-cvs flash images

just dont blame the machine , as I think its great for the money paid , and I really like these dreambox images on it too

Jono
07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
:respect-023::Iagree:
Well it is looking more and more like the flash.
tried 009 uboot then img but all we get is Erro on front panel.
reciever will not factory reset but i found out now it never has been able too using the off on arrow up method.
going see if Lee has jtags and will get his reciever up here and sort it. is it just the jtag are is ther a special programmer to connect it to.
then i'm going to give jiboot a go on that ds-cvs2 image can you confirm if it reads card ok using cccam209 with nemsis on mmc.

Cheers all

Jono:nopity:

echelon
07-08-2008, 01:31 PM
cant help on card reading , but jtags connect to the inbuilt parallel port of a pc and the program is run on that pc in windows

mytoza
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
can you confirm if it reads card ok using cccam209 with nemsis on mmc

Depends on which card, it still wont read a sly card on it's own, for that you will need newcs 1.6 or gbox 2.26d.

Just to check Jono, you are pressing the centre button on the box to initiate the serial download aren't you and it is a null modem lead not a usb to serial lead or plain serial lead.

I ask as it is very unusual to need to go to the extent of having to do a full jtag even with a corrupt uboot.
If you can get the centre button to work then the problem is most likely not the flash but the lead.

Gone_Fishing
07-08-2008, 04:14 PM
If you cant factory reset then your going to need to flash a serial noboot image to the box
as its the only way to clear out var without a factory reset

TNT

mytoza
07-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Also you need to ensure you have 9101 or 9100s uboot as this goes first in the serial load and should fix your uboot so enabling you to get the option to reset back.

Jono
08-08-2008, 09:23 AM
If you cant factory reset then your going to need to flash a serial noboot image to the box
as its the only way to clear out var without a factory reset

TNT

Yes i thought as much as when ever i've had a problem like this with my 9100 i just used orignal 005 serial and that has noboot but i'm struggling to find a version 009 or 0011 orignal with a noboot.img in it they both just have the uboot.img and the tmmain.img and as it is a tm9100super i can't flash it with 005.

Regards Jono

echelon
08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
ds-cvs1 original from march 2008 has a noboot image and should work on either box , standard and super , unless there was a specific super version ?

there is also a ur13 noboot image for the super too

Jono
08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
cheers echelon i'll look for that

Jono

echelon
08-08-2008, 10:03 AM
ur13 has a noboot image for the super too

the ds-cvs v1 for 9101 is the noboot download you want , not the 9100 one

peter1176
08-08-2008, 06:02 PM
some one correct me if im wrong but EDG in the flash has a different combination to do the factory reset an the serial load so try power of at the back an hold the right arrow key on power up an see if that helps

mytoza
08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Thats an Itgate procedure for factory reset, if you have that then there's a good chance you have somehow got an Itgate uboot onto your system.
This in itself will probably do no harm it is probably more an inconvenience.

This happened a bit when EDG3.5 was leaked because the file that was leaked was the Itgate TGS100 image so people who loaded it on their TM's sometimes ended up with an Itgate uboot.