PDA

View Full Version : 2 dishes 1 db800

wwe
14-08-2008, 02:44 PM
I have a problem that i am sure can be over come, I am in Spain, and have a 2.4 mtr dish on 28.2 East for Sky, and a 1 mtr dish motorised. Currently the 1 mtr dish is set up and working great, but i also need to connect my 2.4 mtr to my DB800. I have tried using an 'A/B switch Hi Isolation Cable Switch' but tjis did not work. The switch might be the wrong type I don't know.

So I need to switch from one to dish to the other automatically, and still have my motor moving when needed.

Anyone have a similar setup or know how to do this?

Cheers

wwe

CokeAddict
14-08-2008, 06:12 PM
I bought a diseqc siwtch and it works fine 1.1m motorised on lnb1 and astra 2 on lnb2.

In the tuner settings menu, I just went to astra2, changed to lnb2, set to diseqe mode 1.0 and committed Diseqc command AB.

Then went to another sat (any it doesn't matter as there all set as lnb1) and changed the committed Diseqc command to input 1 (changes all sats on lnb1 to same settings).

It works for me.

wwe
14-08-2008, 10:50 PM
thanks i will give it a try

wwe

wwe
15-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I bought a diseqc siwtch and it works fine 1.1m motorised on lnb1 and astra 2 on lnb2.

In the tuner settings menu, I just went to astra2, changed to lnb2, set to diseqe mode 1.0 and committed Diseqc command AB.

Then went to another sat (any it doesn't matter as there all set as lnb1) and changed the committed Diseqc command to input 1 (changes all sats on lnb1 to same settings).

It works for me.

When you say another sat do you mean you motorised sat on lnb 1? Is this what you change to input 1.

And the diseqc switch, is this two in one switch? And is there a model number/serial number

cheers

wwe

CokeAddict
15-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeh lnb is the motorised sat, and is set to input 1.

In the tuner configuration, any sats on lnb1 (default setting) just change the committed diseqc command to input 1.

Then go to astra 2 and change that to lnb 2, diseqc 1.0 and committed command AB.

And that should work.

There is no make or model on my diseqc switch, it is just a cheap 2 into 1 off that auction site.

wwe
19-08-2008, 12:58 PM
i have a 4 in 1 diseqc switch and it won't working using lnb 1 & 2 with those setting above. But not sure if it should as its a 4 in 1 as stated.

does anyone know, if it should

cheers

wwe