PDA

View Full Version : SNR Problem on DM800

DaOne
15-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Forgive me gentlemen as this may have been covered already.

I have Loaded the Latest Gemini image on my DM800 and my own saved 7025 settings
Every channel works fine and all systems are go
EXCEPT the SNR signal is way low but I am getting a perfect picture
HD as well..
Is there a fault on the box with the SNR showing low signal ?
Or are the images for the SNR faulty or am I missing something?

kegnkiwi
15-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Its a common fault on the db800 at the moment. On most images the maximum signal you can get is around 30%, this about equivelent to 90% ish. This is the same on all images, although images like LT images show it lower that that but yet no picture freezes. We await a fix from dream.

I have also read that they may read the signal level different and use db rating, but I am unsure on this.

ki

wwe
15-08-2008, 09:28 AM
i also had this issue and kegnkiwi answered it for me and he/she is perfectly correct. I have never had 30% and now iam in Spain from the UK, the signal increased from 15% perfect picture to 25% perfect picture.

PS fully up and running, and have set my motor in Spain first time no problems.

Just need to get my diesqc switch working for my other dish?

wwe

Eugenie
15-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Yes, this dilemma exists in all images. Two different S/N readings are available, % and dB. If your skin shows you % or dB (or both) is down to the skin design. If your favorate skin only carries %, then you can simply modify the skin (skin.xml) to get the dB value instead since it is supported in the main application.

For percent (%);
<convert type="FrontendInfo">SNR</convert>
For decibel (dB);
<convert type="FrontendInfo">SNRdB</convert>