PDA

View Full Version : use 7020 hard drive on dm800

scrupples
20-08-2008, 05:16 PM
just wondered if its possible to mount one dreambox hard drive on an other? so I can record from my 800 to my other dream box without another
hd?

jorges
23-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes you can do this by mounting an nfs share. You can also mount a cifs share to share the drive from a pc.
Nabilo Black Hole has tools built in to do this.

jorges

dave3dg
23-08-2008, 06:23 PM
What about the USB facility? Can U record the DM800's hard drive contents to another H/D via USB please?

dave3dg

gonzo.dr
28-08-2008, 01:05 PM
after my experiences with mounting my dm800, this thread scares the **** outa me:001_07:
i followed a guide to mount a standard usb drive to the box and it all went **** up.
i mounted succesfuly formatted and managed to record about 30 secs and thats when it went pear shaped.
my box crashed and wouldnt boot so i reloaded everything and tried again, the same, it crashed so i gave up.
for good measure i also now have a brand new, used once, knackered usb drive.
pc picks it up but it dosnt actualy show up in windows, wont read it at all.

i will try again with external esata when the bank says i can, but other than that, ill leave well alone.

however if the hard drive was faulty, that may have been the cause of my problems, ill never know!

a little off topic i know but the moral of the story is:-
back everything up before you start fiddling:smash:

scrupples
28-08-2008, 03:51 PM
after my experiences with mounting my dm800, this thread scares the **** outa me:001_07:
i followed a guide to mount a standard usb drive to the box and it all went **** up.
i mounted succesfuly formatted and managed to record about 30 secs and thats when it went pear shaped.
my box crashed and wouldnt boot so i reloaded everything and tried again, the same, it crashed so i gave up.
for good measure i also now have a brand new, used once, knackered usb drive.
pc picks it up but it dosnt actualy show up in windows, wont read it at all.

i will try again with external esata when the bank says i can, but other than that, ill leave well alone.

however if the hard drive was faulty, that may have been the cause of my problems, ill never know!

a little off topic i know but the moral of the story is:-
back everything up before you start fiddling:smash:

in windows right click my computer, click on manage, then storage, disk management see if the drive is there it maybe and might need formating.