PDA

View Full Version : HDMI connection query

carbonne
23-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi,
just installing a TM6900 and have connected the scart lead from reciever
to LCD tv and works no problem. have also tried connecting the HDMI lead supplied with TM and switched to HDMI channel on tv and the picture flashes on and off every 1-2 secs.
is there any specific settings need adjusting on the reciever to get this to work?

kind regards
carbonne:confused:

Dreamcatcher
23-08-2008, 10:20 PM
No .... should just plug and play on the HD channel M8. Loop through the various formats with the format button on the remote. (Bottom left).

carbonne
23-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the reply Dreamcatcher.
tried vformat button and went though different settings and still flashes on and off.

carbonne:banghead:

madsod
24-08-2008, 08:39 AM
might be cable not all the way home also the cable the t/mate comes with is not the best mine still in the bag

carbonne
24-08-2008, 02:33 PM
cheers madsod,
just bought a quality gold plated lead and aint made any difference:9898:
regards
carbonne

rolec
24-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Try switching tv power of so it reboots has worked for me in the past. Regards Rolec

madsod
24-08-2008, 05:53 PM
well im sorry it id not work and i did say it might help . does any hdmi work on your t/v say a dvd is they a setting on your t/v as if this is the first hdmi box you have had on the t/v it might be the t/v at fault or could be the stb , can you try the box on your friends t/v or take it and plug it in at comet tell them you looking at buy a new t/v but need to make sure the box looks good on it , is the stb ok with scart , best i can do

SAUS04
27-08-2008, 10:26 AM
What make and model tv you got sounds to me ur tv may not be fully HD compatable. alot of the slightly older tvs where branded as HD ready and they simpely wernt i had a samung which shows in the instructions as hd ready and supporting 1080i compatable but when i conected a ps3 up to it i got the picture on screen and it just was flashing and not showing the picture correctly i contacted samsung and it appered my tv wasnt fully compatible. if the tv is fully compatable (id always suggest getting a 1080p tv now anyways for future ect.) then try a diffrnet device with a hdmi port with the same lead if it doesnt work try with a diffrent lead if that doesnt work then its likley the hdmi port on your tv is capoot:respect-067:

xanadu
27-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Sometimes you cannot use SCART and HDMI at same time.

I don't have this receiver, but have you tried with only HDMI connected and checked in the video output settings that ouput is 1080i

Yoda
27-08-2008, 02:41 PM
xanadu may be spot on there, I have had exactly the same issue with an Acer HDTV and the Katherine HD box.
Worth a try.

Yoda

carbonne
27-08-2008, 03:30 PM
many thanks for all your suggestions guys.
i've just borrowed an Xbox 360 and plugged it in using the TM supplied lead and the Xbox works perfectly.
tried TM with no scarts just HDMI, still same.
the JVC tv is specified a 1080i.
been onto the dealer and just waiting for them to get back.

kind regards
carbonne

Loz
12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I had the same thing with mine!! but as I wanted to plug more units into the my tv's 1 port I bought a HDMI auto switch and plugging that into the tv and the TM into that solved it, the picture came up instantly. So it seems the TM doesn't run a full 5volts up it's hdmi port to activate the port its plugged into... but on some tv's I guess they have a slightly lower threash hold so it will activate them straight away..

Loz.