PDA

View Full Version : Andromeda 1.0

mytoza
24-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Exclusive from Allsats
Andromeda for the TM9100 series of receivers.

This is possibly the fastest 3rd party image ever on this hardware.
This is an image that sticks its fingers up at the usual convention of packing the image as full as possible with toys and gimmicks the majority of which you will never use.
The Allsats developers have taken great pain to remove all unneeded code out of the image and to rid it of all unnecessary gimmicks so leaving an image that is super fast at channel surfing and stable.
Where they couldn't lose certain tools they have instead replaced them with scripts that do the same job but at far less cost to the system.
The image does not even have an emu manager as this is considered to be one of the major causes of instability, instead cams are initiated and run via scripts.

As said before this image is super fast at surfing and will clear encrypted channels that are available via the use of keys almost instantly, certainly in less than a second.
Cccam works faster than on anything else no matter how you use it :D

If you just want to watch TV with an image that is super fast and stable then this is the one for you
Get it from here
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91131

Thanks to traveller for posting the files up for us :cheers2:

catseye
24-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Very good news !

echelon
24-08-2008, 08:29 PM
very good news , must give it a whirl :)

mytoza
24-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Just keep an open mind about it guys until you have put it through it's paces and see the difference.
Echelon mate I know you like to run images from multiboot but you really will not see the best of this one unless it is in flash.

I have been running it for a month or so now and I have to admit I couldn't use anything else now because nothing comes close speed wise.

wod
24-08-2008, 11:13 PM
excellent i shall get back out my 9100 as i was waiting for a really stable image and shall give this ago

is there a pvr recording in this image ?

tr8.
25-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Had a play and yes a nice image, and its quick, but from the box i had a bit of playing around.
Where as edg 4.2 worked for me from the box no playing.
Yes a lovely image but it's back to edg4.2 for me at the moment.

Its also great the 9100 has come of age there is now a choice of good images it has turned out to be a great buy as it was a very good price compared to other machines, and the high level of teams supporting has now got it sorted now in my mind.

Andromeda will be one to watch if this is the first shot from them.

thanks

tr8

traveller
25-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Had a play and yes a nice image, and its quick, but from the box i had a bit of playing around.
Where as edg 4.2 worked for me from the box no playing.
Yes a lovely image but it's back to edg4.2 for me at the moment.

tr8

Hi m8, For me it worked straight away and both of the card slots working for the first time ( have used all the images so far being able to only see one of my cards, one of the cards had go in my Trex 4.6 cam ) .

tr8.
25-08-2008, 01:09 PM
for me it was that it has cccam built in and its not my prefered cam, and i could only get 1 slot to read. this may be as i have a original 9100 not a super?
Also it took me ages to mount the sd card, had to do it the long way could not find a auto mount but may have missed it.
But it is fast, and seemed stable.
A great start, its just probably me stuck with the way some images work.

zad
25-08-2008, 04:22 PM
what image is this based upon? or is it a whole new system?

i know runing it in flash would be the best option but how does multibooting come into it? can you still use iboot with a mmc card?

echelon
25-08-2008, 04:30 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=550413#post55041 3 has the details you asked about , so I have no idea how you missed them ;)

and it also tells you to run it in the flash , so although it appears you can install iboot I know there were some problems with the onscreen pointer not moving or something like that

do yes you can install and use iboot although there may be some future tweaks to get it all sorted out

its not recommended for use on an mmc card though , although I have tried it and it does work , albeit maybe not 100%

zad
25-08-2008, 06:47 PM
cheers bud..... must be going blind lol

traveller
25-08-2008, 07:08 PM
On another site ( not allsats ) they have removed the files saying that they want their beta testers to test, but I think it's sour grapes. There are a couple of small problems ( SD card difficult to mount and jiboot screen not showing the selection ) but the speed more than makes up for this.

PS I got the SD card to mount using manager 2.0 after a reboot.

spud
25-08-2008, 07:17 PM
This is by far the best image so far for the 9100, works a treat for me.

As for *****s removing it, they need to grow up a little over there.

mytoza
25-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Once you have the card mounted go into the webif hxxp://your-box-addy and the click on config then mount manager then click on the little notepad

http://rapidshare.com/files/140064168/config.JPG

Then tick auto mount and save it, now when you reboot the card will mount everytime.

http://rapidshare.com/files/140064206/auto-mount.JPG

Can you see the pictures?

onecard
26-08-2008, 09:05 PM
On another site ( not allsats ) they have removed the files saying that they want their beta testers to test, but I think it's sour grapes.

Don't think the files were ever posted on that site mate just had a thread running that was removed. Still the files are available on other sites so no worries.

Robxxx7
26-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I'd say its more a case that they don't want to give credit where credit is due as its against their forum rules ... heck even posting is against their forum rules ..

Anyway, the image can be totally user configurable to use it how you want ..don't want to be too specific, but it can be quite easily configured to run the EMU of your choice, then leave it running and it will run and run ...

All worthless items have been removed to keep the speed good and one of the most buggy aspects of the images are the EMU managers ... they are the cause of a lot of random reboots etc ..this has been removed and basic scripts are used instead ... If you switch between alot of EMU's then it may not be for you, but if you stick to the one EMU for most of your activities ..then it will do the job extremely well ...

bobbydee
27-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Thinking of putting this in the flash what is the password,is it still technomate,any help much appreciated.

Robxxx7
27-08-2008, 06:47 PM
yes, password is technomate

traveller
27-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Don't think the files were ever posted on that site mate just had a thread running that was removed. Still the files are available on other sites so no worries.

They did but only for a short time, It was there and then it wasn't.

Robxxx7
27-08-2008, 08:41 PM
They are supposedly beta testing it :p :icon_bs: but it will never see the light of day there cos they are too wrapped up in themselves to give some credit to anyone ....

makes me laugh

mytoza
27-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Inadyn, mgcamd and gb0x plugins now availble on the images home site, I would have posted them up but I don't have that privilege so any of you guys who do I am more than happy for you to post them here :)

In the future we will hopefully create a series of installable panels of the most used combinations of cams that will delete the default hypercam and Cccam and work right out of the box except for any custom configs you have.

This image may not have the spit and polish of EDG and DS but that is deliberate as what we set out to do was achieve performance and I believe the team has delivered that.

kegnkiwi
27-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I can help out there mytoza mate, someone pimped by ride.

ki

mytoza
27-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Yes please mate if you could

catsmaty
27-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Thank you everyone for sharing, can I use the DCC to install this image? replacing the Edg 4.1 image?

echelon
28-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Thank you everyone for sharing, can I use the DCC to install this image? replacing the Edg 4.1 image?

you mean TCC , not DCC

TCC installs images

mytoza
28-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Have a look here mate https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66033 all the info you need to install an image.

catsmaty
28-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Thank you for your help guys, I will use the TCC as mentioned in the thread

tr8.
28-08-2008, 09:39 AM
On Hols this week so having another play with this, but still cannot get it to read second card slot, is it just me missing something or has any one else had this and found away about?

ps i have a TM9100 standard

thanks

tr8

mytoza
28-08-2008, 10:33 AM
tr8
Are you trying to get 2 card readers working with just Cccam or are you using Newcs as well.
The version of code used in this does not support Cccam reading 2 cards on it's own, the code for that is the same as EDG4.2 but you pay the price of the memory leak and issues with sony appliances with that code.

catsmaty
28-08-2008, 06:42 PM
I've installed the image today and it is super fast and stable, great work Satpimps and *****s, thank you

tr8.
28-08-2008, 07:23 PM
tr8
Are you trying to get 2 card readers working with just Cccam or are you using Newcs as well.
The version of code used in this does not support Cccam reading 2 cards on it's own, the code for that is the same as EDG4.2 but you pay the price of the memory leak and issues with sony appliances with that code.

Thanks thought it was me, have to say I am liking the speed now that i am getting more familier with this image its benifits are growing fast.
May 2007 seems long time ago when i first got this machine and struggled with i think ur7, now a choice af stable images and cannot think why i sat looking at it thinking a hammer might help!!

bobbydee
28-08-2008, 07:35 PM
It has been a long time since I added an image by tcc.Do I still use root and technomate as password.I get a runtime error when I try to load.Any help much appreciated.

mytoza
28-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Which image have you got running at the moment bobbydee?

mytoza
28-08-2008, 07:51 PM
I've installed the image today and it is super fast and stable, great work Satpimps and *****s, thank you

Counting the number of * there mate you have got the wrong place it's all not al :302:

traveller
28-08-2008, 08:49 PM
On Hols this week so having another play with this, but still cannot get it to read second card slot, is it just me missing something or has any one else had this and found away about?

ps i have a TM9100 standard

thanks

tr8

Hi m8, I got both the slots working straight out of the box as it were. I didn't change anything, all I did was to put both of my cards in the slots and rebooted the box. In the CCcam config that came with it it puts two N lines :- N: 127.0.0.1 50010 dummy dummy 01 to 14
N: 127.0.0.1 50011 dummy dummy 01 to 14

Hope this helps.

bobbydee
28-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I was using ccam on ur 11.Dcc hooked up okay and I could ftp then I tried dream edit and it worked okay but still a timeout when using tcc.Put andomena on with sd card and it is working very well.Would still like to sort out what is wrong with tcc.:D

kegnkiwi
28-08-2008, 10:14 PM
I was using ccam on ur 11.Dcc hooked up okay and I could ftp then I tried dream edit and it worked okay but still a timeout when using tcc.Put andomena on with sd card and it is working very well.Would still like to sort out what is wrong with tcc.:D

Have you tried disabling your fire wall mate.

ki

tr8.
29-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi m8, I got both the slots working straight out of the box as it were. I didn't change anything, all I did was to put both of my cards in the slots and rebooted the box. In the CCcam config that came with it it puts two N lines :- N: 127.0.0.1 50010 dummy dummy 01 to 14
N: 127.0.0.1 50011 dummy dummy 01 to 14

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I decided to start again, did a factory reset, loaded original 011, reset loaded Andromeda 1 and now is ok but had to to 3 resets to get my satelites.xlm to be read, ccccam newcs ok given up on jiboot4.2 put a new card in with jiboot4.3 and that works but would love the images off the other card as a lot saved. The image is working fine now but i can see i have got to spend some time to start dumping lots of old stuff and working from new, i think i am copying/sending over ( dcc ) files that may no longer be 100%

Thanks

TR8

catsmaty
29-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi,
I've installed Andromeda and I'm wondering where do I put the keys as I can't find the the keys and Scce in the Var forlder?
Thanks

traveller
29-08-2008, 06:45 PM
tr8 m8 glad you are sorted.

traveller
29-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi,
I've installed Andromeda and I'm wondering where do I put the keys as I can't find the the keys and Scce in the Var forlder?
Thanks

There is a plugin to download the keys, DU-Key Updater-v2. On the Blue button and then choice 6. This will load the keys in the right place. Keys courtesy of the Dreambox Universe Team.

catsmaty
29-08-2008, 07:31 PM
thank you very much, works a treat

traveller
30-08-2008, 11:38 AM
The other site has reposted it back up but no mention of allsats. Small minded or what.

onecard
30-08-2008, 12:45 PM
The other site has reposted it back up but no mention of allsats. Small minded or what.

Mention of other sites is against their rules, each forum has different rules.

bobbydee
30-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Using art card in both slots and dragoncam freezes now and again, anyone having the same problems.Pull it out and back in again sorts the problem.

catsmaty
30-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi,

I've put the Cccam.cfg in Var/etc but it is not working like in the other images in order to talk to another box, any ideas where can I put it on the receiver?

Thank you

mytoza
30-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Not sure if I should answer your question mate as it could well be against forum rules so admin please remove if so.
But have you changed the files attributes to 755?

bobbydee
30-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Sorted my problem by running cccam on its own.No freezing.

catsmaty
30-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Not sure if I should answer your question mate as it could well be against forum rules so admin please remove if so.
But have you changed the files attributes to 755?

Thank you for the reply, I read the forum Rules before posting my question and the only thing mentioned about that **9) NO card sharing requests in here**, I was asking for further support for the image and not to discuss it or asking to share it with anyone

mytoza
30-08-2008, 10:41 PM
OK mate well try what I put and see if that helps :)

echelon
30-08-2008, 10:43 PM
just a note to say its close to the line but not across it ... yet ! lol :)

but I have edited the post and removed the offending opening statement as it wasnt needed and should not be put into print

ie:- remember this from the bill and other programs ?

anything you do or say can be used against you.... da da da da

up to now we will let the ship sail in this strengthening breeze......

mytoza
30-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Cheers mate :)

catsmaty
31-08-2008, 10:31 PM
I've put 755 but still no joy, thanks for the suggestion, by the way how can I select the premiere channels on Andromeda?
Thanks

mytoza
31-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Yes mate, watch them fine on mine.

catsmaty
31-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Sorry, meant the premiere direct channels

mytoza
01-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes press the green button when on any of the Prem portals, prem direct is one portal and there are 2 others the sports and erotic, the green button will open a menu to the channels below.

wedgehog
03-09-2008, 12:20 PM
@ Catsmaty I have never had a problem with that mate, I just copied my backup CCcam.cfg over to /var/etc in Andromeda and everything works fine. do a PS command in telnet and just check that CCcam is in fact running

catsmaty
03-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Thank you for your reply mate, I will check with my friend to see if there is something wrong with the Configration

cyprusdunc
05-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Have you got a worjing ccam emu in another image?If you have do as suggested and copy the good working cfg into your var/etc folder using dcc. Dunc.

catsmaty
05-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Still not working, tried it with edge 4.1 and it is working fine but I reverted back to Andromeda as it is the best image I came accross so far but still can't get the CFG file to work in Andromeda

mytoza
05-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Catsmaty can you telnet into your box and then put in the command ps and then either paste the results here or PM them to me at allsats.

I can then have a look at your running processes to see if anything is amiss.

tlal05
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
hi guys,
installed the andromeda 1.0 on to my technomate 9100 today and all i got was the start up picture and nothing after that and the display was showing "set" all the time

has anyone else experienced this?

tlal05

echelon
12-09-2008, 10:52 PM
surely that is correct and expecting you to set the time , country and sat motor details ?

and did you serial load it and factory reset before and after ?

tlal05
14-09-2008, 07:33 PM
hi echelon,
i installed the image via tcc and cat5 not serial i did a factory reset before i installed the image but i did not get to do a factory reset after due to i couldnt see anything on my tv all the technomate display showed was SET and i tried all sorts pressing ok on the remote but nothing.

i have put my old image back on but i will have another crack with it on mon/tues.

tlal05