PDA

View Full Version : dreambox dm500s

skem4
24-08-2008, 11:21 AM
hi can anyone help me out i have the said above reciever i am connected to the internet by usb t moble it is small modem i ned help getting this to work can anyone help me out and there anyone local to me in the skelmersdale wigan liverpool area any help would be greatly apreciated
regards skem4

skem4
24-08-2008, 11:23 AM
i meant can anyone help me on how to ger my dreambox up and running regards skem4

Detlef
24-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Without knowing the modem type, the problem is likely to be that the DB500 is set to accept DHCP - that is it expects the modem to allocate it with its IP address.

There is probably a way to set this but the 500 doesn't have a USB port and it is not the best way.

If your modem is one that only has a USB connection to a PC you might be able to connect the 500 to the PC using the LAN port (RJ45) with a crossover cable and bridge it to the internet in the PC.

By far the best solutiion is to use a modem/router and then connect both the 500 and the PC to it; then you won't need the PC to be on to get updates etc.

ADSL modem/routers are 10 a penny on e_Bay. It doesn't need to be WiFi or anything special, just a 10/100 base T but should ideally have four ethernet (LAN RJ45) ports.

Detlef
24-08-2008, 12:36 PM
I should have added that you will easily get an offer of help from someone local to you in the Skelmersdale, Wigan, Liverpool area as that seems to be the heartland of Pimps.

If you add it's worth a beer or two you'll be fighting them off :D :D