PDA

View Full Version : Bravia Cam Slot

diarmuid
01-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Anyone know how this Cam slot operates in the Sony Bravia. The manual is very sketchy on a lot of things and this is one of them.

I have a couple of spare Cams including a Conax I got from Goldwafers. It's a EuroCam Version 4.00.

If I slot in the Cam I'm unsure how to get the best value. I assume I go to 1West for example and the Bravia will decode the signal If I have the appropriate subscription card in place!

This is a first for me. Advice on this subject will be most welcome.

Regards

satwyn
01-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Anyone know how this Cam slot operates in the Sony Bravia. The manual is very sketchy on a lot of things and this is one of them.

I have a couple of spare Cams including a Conax I got from Goldwafers. It's a EuroCam Version 4.00.

If I slot in the Cam I'm unsure how to get the best value. I assume I go to 1West for example and the Bravia will decode the signal If I have the appropriate subscription card in place!

This is a first for me. Advice on this subject will be most welcome.

Regardscam slot on sony tv is for terrestrial digital broadcasts dvb-t you need a satellite receiver for your conax cam and a dish pointed at 1w

diarmuid
01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks Satwyn. My satellite set-up I have for years with a current mixture of a TM 6900 a Sly+ an old Sly box and an old TM1500Ci with a trio of dishes.

I'm intrigued by the Cam slot and how it fits in to the Satellite structure. If it's for Terrestrial broadcasts I can already pick those up on my TM6900.

How does it work and typically what Cam would you use in the UK?

big mick
01-09-2008, 06:02 PM
hi m8
its used for topup tv in the uk ..
or you can get a setanta sports cam and card .to use in it

mick

slick
01-09-2008, 08:30 PM
cam slot on sony tv is for terrestrial digital broadcasts dvb-t you need a satellite receiver for your conax cam and a dish pointed at 1w

no!
not only several sony lcd´s have also dvb-c(cable tuner)
and the newer lcd´s have dvb-c mpeg4 tuners.

i also noticed that both lg and phillips also produce ldc´s with dvb-c mpeg 4 tuners.

satwyn
01-09-2008, 09:07 PM
no!
not only several sony lcd´s have also dvb-c(cable tuner)
and the newer lcd´s have dvb-c mpeg4 tuners.

i also noticed that both lg and phillips also produce ldc´s with dvb-c mpeg 4 tuners.but still i'm afraid no conax on the sony lcd cable tuner may well be included there are however new panasonic lcds that have dvb-s tuners for freesat mpeg2-4 mainly for freesat but the best way for multisat reception is a dedicated standalone sd hd receiver cable is not usially discussed on here