PDA

View Full Version : dreambox password ?

paddyboy
04-09-2008, 10:33 PM
can someone tell me how to change your password on dreambox 500s.

be obliged paddyboy.

hechicero
04-09-2008, 10:44 PM
use dreambox control centre.
telenet box
type passwd
enter new passward
confirm

paddyboy
04-09-2008, 11:04 PM
thanks m8 never used the programme before scared in case i fook things up any easier way.not sure what to do
or is there a show me with pics anywhere ?

tried dcc theres 4 settings to the bottom left hand side tools/telnet/ftp/settings i have selected the telnet and the black screen appears but when i type in password it says sh: not found ?
where am iam going wrong.

paddyboy

hda5
05-09-2008, 01:43 AM
you don't type password you type passwd (press return)
Then enter the new password (press return)
Then confirm new password by typing it again (press return)

paddyboy
05-09-2008, 02:00 AM
brilliant Lads thanks alot dont know what i would have done without your help all done so easy when you read things the correct way.

cheers lads thanks a million.
paddyboy.

Detlef
28-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm just setting up a recently bought s/h DB500s for a m8 and it doesn't seem to be
Username: root
Password: passwd

So the question is, if I do a factory reset via the remote, does that set the username/password to the default?

I intend to put nab on it so don't care about the current image or settings.

[At the moment I am just trying to access the box using the IP address in a browser.]

Gone_Fishing
28-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm just setting up a recently bought s/h DB500s for a m8 and it doesn't seem to be
Password: passwd

So the question is, if I do a factory reset via the remote, does that set the username/password to the default?

I intend to put nab on it so don't care about the current image or settings.

[At the moment I am just trying to access the box using the IP address in a browser.]

You type "passwd" when you want to change the password its not the dreambox default password

Dreambox default password is

Password: dreambox

TNT

Detlef
28-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Just to check that I have got it right, I don't need to know the existing password to do that then?

[I had tried root/dreambox but it seems as though it has been changed.]

Gone_Fishing
28-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Just to check that I have got it right, I don't need to know the existing password to do that then?

[I had tried root/dreambox but it seems as though it has been changed.]

Afraid not M8 that word make having a password pointless as anyone could change it, you have to login via telnet first

Do all methods to flash DM need a password ?

TNT

Detlef
28-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for replying so quickly, TNT.

A factory reset returned the login to the normal root/dreambox pairing. Now to flash with Nab v0.8 (for no other reason that it is the one I have on my 600).

Gone_Fishing
28-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Hope your M8 is taking notes :302:

Install hacksat key downloader on his box then if he changes/forgets the password in the future you can reset it easily with that ;)

TNT

Detlef
28-10-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't think he lost the pwd. It is just that he bought it from a s/h shop and that is how it came. No manual either but they are a free d/l off the DB site.

But I'll look into hacksat key downloader for future reference.

Thx again m8.

Gone_Fishing
28-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I didn't think he lost the password just thinking ahead in case he makes a newbie mistake some day :respect-051:

TNT