PDA

View Full Version : How I converted my Plasma to HD

Loz
05-09-2008, 04:44 AM
I own a Hitachi 42pd3000 plasma tv £3000 new 4 years ago (not HD ready), this unit has a separate tuner to the display is just a viewing panel, it wont and cannot work without the surplied tuner. A few months ago I made up my mind to go HD so it ment getting a new sat reciever and dvd player and even a new tv, after browsing the web to see how much my panel would fetch on the open flee bay market in pristine condition I came across a site that had a gadget that they said would allow HD picture on a non HD tv!!! Hmmm I read on, anyway after gening up on the tests they say to try and if you have a VGA/pc in socket on the tv in my case the tuner box for £75 pounds I could be converted... so I when and ordered one!. I also went a bought a sony blu-ray dvd player and a pirates of the caribbean movie, now thats a shed load of money to spend on a test to see if my tv would really show HI DEF pictures... The part came and I hooked it all up quick time put the tv on the pc channel, switched the dvd player on and waited....!!!!!! and there it was infront of my eyes the sign in the middle of the tv screen (blu-ray) I was blown away with how clean it was, I then pressed play on the dvd and WOW! the movie was fantastic to watch.... so now using TM6900 HD combo for my sat features as well £75 to go HD so checkout the HD Fury before you thow out that older plasma panel you never know you to could go HD for less than £100.

Loz :respect-010:

noff
05-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Mate this product does look impressive.

Where did you look online for reviews on it?

Detlef
05-09-2008, 09:50 AM
It won't be quite as good as (digital) HD because VGA is an ana1ogue input (with separate RGB) but it will get away from the composite limitations of a 625 line raster and 6MHz video bandwidth.

As always the real test is whether it looks good, so if you are pleased then that is what matters.

Loz
12-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Mate this product does look impressive.

Where did you look online for reviews on it?

Just got to hdfury.com and take a look... the info I found on how it was done was though another site, AV F****.com and all I did was type in the model number of my tv and there it is pages of people trying to get the system working... go take a look.

@Deflet if what your saying is true then ok it might not be true HD and hope fully you can tell me more about what I'm really getting as all this 1920x1024 type stuff I really don't understand too much, but I would defy anyone out there to have my set up side by side with there full HD set up and I stake my mortgage my tv would be picked out as true hd.... it really is that sharp... in fact once again I found myself looking at tv;s in comet just this week and I still can't justify paying even £800 for a panasonic plasma as I just can't see the differance between it and mine..

Loz:respect-055: