PDA

View Full Version : Could I get Showtime?

Dreamlife
05-09-2008, 09:27 PM
If I bought one of these boxes could I use an official Showtime card in it? I take that at the moment the current keys out will open Showtime on this box?

Also I have a 1m dish at present and at times I can get the V channels but they break up. What are my chances of buying a decent LNB and getting no break up on these channels? At least i'd get a bit of football from this sat.

Finally if I bought a 1.2m dish to replace my current 1m dish (almost gets the V channels), what are my chances of getting the H channels? Am I looking at a small dish size improvement or would I need a much bigger dish?

Location - West Midlands UK

Burnham
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
In your location you need minimum 1.5m for horizontals, and possibly 1.8m to handle heavy rain.

Also remember the signal is at its weakest for the 3pm Saturday afternoon matches.

Ronturner
06-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I can get Showtime in good weather with my 1.2 metre dish on the Horizontal but only just. Vertical is no problem. If you are struggling to get the verticals then I am afraid you will almost certainly not get Horizontal channels (the ones you want!). I live in South East England I think with your location you will definately need a larger dish. If you decide to invest in a larger dish then I will say that Showtime is the best Package out - by a country mile - more matches, more choice plus cricket.

Keano
06-09-2008, 12:06 PM
You'll need a 240 andrews with matched feedhorn in the Midlands to get 11996H on 7.0w.

I know another guy on another forum who tried with a 180cm in the West Midlands and could only get a little peep at night time, so he had to use a 240 instead.