PDA

View Full Version : Kathrein info

sattekop
10-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Hi all,

Until now I have been an Hummi user and been a keen user of this forum.

Have just bought a Kathrein ufs910 to move into HD. Have noticed that in this forum there is hardly any news, while other forums do have info.

Does this have a specific reason?
Any interest to set-up more info about the kathy. Now that E2 starts to make progress it could become a very interesting LInux box.

Angelacr
10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Probably best to use the other fora as there is much higher interest there. The reason it's not on this site is perhaps because the 'sponsor' doesn't stock it. Or am I being cynical again?

I have a UFS910 and have loaded Enigma2; the future looks very rosy!

crabber
10-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes at last there seems to be some progress, although not from Kathrein but from talented amateurs it seems to me.
Mbox will now work, at least in client mode and of course e2 is now bootable from usb stick.
It is nice to see dreambox menus on a kathrein and be able to change channel and watch the dish drive immediately to the right satellite, something the kathrein software still can't manage.
Oh nearly forgot, the HD picture is excellent.

sattekop
13-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the comments.
I agree with the excellent picture.

Would love to find out how to get Mbox to work. Where would I be able to find a dummie instruction (if link reply here is not OK, please send PM)

I am using multytenne for 4 sats, so have not problem with the basic software, but agree they should come out with better firmware.

The E2 now does FTA, not been able to get my CAM in CI to work.
The Barry Allen and AAF set up works finel.
With 2 CAMs in the CI slots I do get still quite a few warnings on the screen that I would like to get rid of.

crabber
15-09-2008, 08:19 PM
check PM, I have sent you a link to a version of mbox that works in the Kathrein.

borderfox
17-09-2008, 02:08 PM
If E2 is now bootable, does this mean cccam is now possible??

mytoza
25-09-2008, 07:57 PM
No, there are no workable cams for E2 on the Kathi and Cccam is unlikely to ever see its way onto the Kathi as Cccam does not support SH4 processors and that is what the Kathrein, and the Ipbox 900/9000's for that matter, are based on

crabber
25-09-2008, 10:16 PM
There is only a very buggy ufs910 camd file which allows a hardware cam to work in the lower slot. I have tried a diablo and it does work but far from reliable at present.
Today I read that Mbox is now able to reshare (not on E2) although I have not tested this yet.

bonovox
22-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Just installed latest e2 image for the Kathrein and it seems to be working ok. A few crashes here and there but its a nice image. Got mbox0.4 working via plugins menu and it shares fine with my dreambox. Anyone else using enigma2 for the kathrein? I have installed the enigma2 on a usb stick using barry allen with my main image in flash. Pretty good. Its just like having a dreambox 800hd!

mytoza
22-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Cccam now available via the incubus camd only for E2 on Kathi though.

crabber
28-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes it is claimed to work with "cccam,gbox,camdX,newcamd,radegast ,aroureos"
I have incubus working with gbox and intend to connect to cccam (at the same time) asap
The latest E2 image from aaf has downloadable cams including mbox, kbox, ufs910camd and incubus.
Cam development for sh4 boxes seems to be progressing at a remarkable pace

sattekop
02-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Maybe time to reconsider and give Kathrein its own directory?
The 910 box has now made great progress in the the E2 version.
AAF/BA also are now much better.
Who supports?

dreambox17
02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Thats sounds good

I have a number of hd boxes and the Kathy out shines them all by far
the hd quality on this box is supurb i doubt it can be impoved on

I have even programed my dreambox remote to work on the kathrein it works great

now that enigma 2 is working great very few bugs the box is tops all round

king1313
30-01-2009, 07:50 PM
bin doing bit off reading on the net on this box proggress is very good
the price is also very good for hd linux
thanks for all info guy keep it coming
:respect-063:

dreambox17
30-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Being a A1 linux box with fantastic pic quality the best of all my hd boxes

I dont know why it has been left behind with enigma 2 on this box its topps 4 me

rubberpants7
02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Just got my box yesterday hooked it up to my panasonic 37 it knocks spots off my technomate6800 picture wise hd and sd

crabber
02-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Nice to see this thread resurrected, I got so fed up with kathrein that I bought another dreambox, BUT progress is still being made.
An image (rsp) is promised that will run incubus camd version 0.82 which will allow multiple server connections. IF this ever happens the kathrein will be almost there as regard being a sharing box.
As I have said many times before it is such a shame there is no official support as the hardware and picture quality are excellent.

bilyirita
27-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Hy there!

This is the latest version of E2 RSP for Kathy UFS 910HD E2_RSP_3.17b_TDT_1142.rar
http://sateliti-upload.info/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Kathrein/Kathrein%20UFS-910%20Hd/Images

Correct
31-07-2009, 02:41 AM
German electronics manufacturer Kathrein will offer buyers of its current portfolio of HDTV satellite receivers the possibility to access the new HDTV platform planned by satellite operator SES Astra using conventional common interface (CI) slots.

“All current DVB-S HDTV receivers from Kathrein – the UFS 922, UFS 910 and UFS 902 – can be upgraded through a software update and a so called legacy module with a corresponding smartcard for the new platform,” said Ralf Exler, head of the company’s development department. He added that the software update would become available at the same time as the legacy modules are introduced to the market.

After TechniSat und Humax, Kathrein is the third manufacturer offering this solution, which – according to SES Astra – is open to further manufacturers. The solution has the advantage that existing HDTV households don’t have to buy new equipment for HD+. The platform’s actual technical standard is the new CI generation CI Plus which will be introduced in Germany later this year.

HD+ will launch in late autumn on Astra (19.2° East) with RTL and VOX on board, followed in January 2010 by Sat.1, ProSieben and kabel eins. The platform, which is open to further channels, will be encrypted in Nagravision with viewers having to pay a reception fee.

Source: Rapid TV News