PDA

View Full Version : newbie requesting help of pros!

great1
11-09-2008, 02:26 AM
hello there all,

i'm just about bite the bullet and purchase one of these linux boxes (was between this and the dreambox 500). basically, i need a bit of help regarding my existing set up and migrating to the new box. i currently have a technomate 5000 dapci and a large motorised dish (with one of those big actuators dont think its one of those usal or disqec ones). my question(s) start with...how on earth can i make all this stuff work together? i know the 9100 has lnb input/output but i'm guessing that wont be enough to move the dish. the 5000 has these ports which look like what one would find at the back of a cd player where the speakers would go (like a 'clamp') which ive read are for the motor and for the sensors. afaik, the 9100 doesnt have these.i was thinking whether i could still use the 5000 to actually position the dish correctly (say to hotbird) AND watch the feed through the 9100. or is this completely bonkers?!?! what is the difference between my actuator and these disqec things? all i know is that for larger and more heavier dishes, an actuator is recomended.

any help in the matter would be great!

thanking you all in anticipation

great1

simon 2003
11-09-2008, 02:45 AM
sounds like a 36v type motor m8,you can get a v-box mk2 that will convert 36v to disqec,or i guess you could loop through your techno to your new rec if techno has LNB OUT be hassle though not completely bonkers :D;)
simon

_https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/product.php?productid=120&cat=29&page=1

echelon
11-09-2008, 08:07 AM
vbox is the ideal way to go as the tm9100 will control the vbox using diseqc , and the vbox will control the actuator like the 5000 does at the moment by using the 36 volts and actuator details

or keep the 5000 to move the motor/actuator and use the loopthrough to use the tm9100 or dm500/600 after placing the 5000 in standby once on the correct satellite

or use a twin output lnb on the dish , use the 5000 to control the motor and use the second lnb output to independently feed the tm9100 or tm9101 or any other diseqc box you buy like say a dreambox

so there are the options , you decide what to do based on cost , but I would start with the new box on loopthrough from the 5000 , and then maybe a vbox later , or a twin output lnb later , once you are happy to continue buying

not really a technomate issue so will move to another forum here