PDA

View Full Version : Conax announces CI+ support

sofien72tu
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Conax announces CI+ support

By Julian Clover | September 12, 2008 | 11:28 UK
conax-announces-ci-support

IBC 2008 – AMSTERDAM. Conax has said it will support the introduction of the new Common Interface+ (CI+) on its conditional access modules.

The modules are slipped into integrated digital television (IDTVs), typically allowing reception of pay-TV services transmitted over DTT networks.

“Digital TV operators experience that today’s DVB Common Interface (CI) standard, where content is transmitted in clear between the CI module and the STB, does not provide the necessary level of security for HD content. Consequently content providers and digital TV operators are avoiding these modules,” says Geir Bjørndal, COO/Sales & Marketing Director, Conax.

CI+ is designed to support the authentication and encryption mechani*** that provide a secure channel between the CAM and the IDTV.

holmroad
12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
So what does all that mean in ENGLISH please? lol!!!:confused:

morfsta
12-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Hmmm, first time I've heard of this - does it need new receiver or can it been done in firmware - probably the latter

snakie
13-09-2008, 12:39 AM
From previous announcements its both software and hardware.NDz said that will support also CI+ and give some cams to the market.

digihoe
14-09-2008, 03:13 PM
HDCP encryption is the only thing I can think of, or maybe card/cam marrige...

carolina
14-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I guess card/ cam marriage ( like Polsat for example)