PDA

View Full Version : HD on Hotbird and Astra 19.2?

Zeke
14-09-2008, 12:20 PM
What channels are out there?

Also if I add a new dish what would be the best choice to add? Location central Italy. English or Italian language broadcast. 9E? Can I expect to receive anything from 28E with a 90cm dish?

I was watching I think Dr. Dish and they mentioned BBC HD from Austria. Did I missunderstand or is this on Astra 19.2?

While I'm asking question I've got a dual output monoblock could this be combined with a switch to other LNBs?

Thanks

wowwow
14-09-2008, 03:51 PM
go to lyngsat.com and check the hd transmissons dude for 19' i personally dont know but you should find them on the site mentioned dude .

wow:)

haggismn
14-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Filmbox (in Polish) and HBO HD test are available in HD on Hotbird and Magyar TV2 (Hungary) is fta.

You can receive most of 28°E with a 90cm dish, but not Astra 2D, therefore no BBC HD. You will need a much bigger dish. Unfortunately I am not sure exactly what size. 9°E is no problemo from Italy. As for best Satellite, it depends what you want to watch. If you have Diablo 2.3, much of Thor0.8°E is available, although some good channels will be missing. However you will have no problem getting Intelsat10-02 at 1°w, therefore the Digi TV package which is pretty good. There is also Digitalb at 16°E

As for your other questions, why not just get a motor?

Zeke
14-09-2008, 04:32 PM
With a motor wouldn't I be stuck pointing at one place at a time? I want to be able to watch Hotbird and record Astra [or whatever] So I'd rather one of those dishes that take multiple LNBs.

Thanks I was thinking about 1w but wasn't sure.