PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Backup

harshy
14-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Hello guys,

I am gonna made a backup of everything on my Dreambox, I noticed I think using the green button, you can do this, if I use this facility, what does the Dreambox back up, does it back up the whole image including the channels list and the stored motorised satellite positions, or just the channels list and motorised sat positions, reason I am asking, say a new and improved image comes out, can I just download the image, install it and then use the backup file to make it all work again, or is it not like this, I don 't really want to lose my satellite position settings as it took me two weeks to get most of the satellites.

OK, thanks again,

harshy

scrupples
14-09-2008, 07:42 PM
yes using the back up / restore does save your settings, but if you use barry allen you can make a backup of your entire image so it can be restored any time to the same position as now.

dman
14-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Where can I do this from barry allen, would love to make a full backup and put it on usb.

canthackit
15-09-2008, 07:46 AM
****** for tools>option 7>back up mode= this scrolls left or right just select the files you want to backup.

regards: canthackit

canthackit
15-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Hmmm seems we cant use the term ******= w_i_z_a_r_d:king-041:

Monty31
15-09-2008, 07:52 AM
If I remember right there was a command option on the 500 models via telnet. Is this possible on the 800 models just out of curiosity as I know barry allen has this option.