PDA

View Full Version : install

williamtell
15-09-2008, 09:26 AM
hi guys, i have just observed a new install with tested good second hand equipment the fitter drilled the stack and fixed the bracket then set the required degrees ie 0 &53. something my [area] he then
found thor as you do and pulled in required transponders all ok, astra1 ok, then the problems start, eutelw2 terrible pixelation, astra2 same or even worse?? he had the meter with him and checked as he progressed but i did not see him do an elevation check, i have tweaked for best signal but can only get 20/30% on astra2 it appears it is not tracking the arc properly is there a meter for elevation? i have read about a eclonemeter in echelons install guide but dont want to undermine the fitter,there is a little play in the motor but i,m sure not to a large degree to cause these problems.
i do realise centre, east, west limits is the normal procedure on install, many thanks

CROSSBONES
15-09-2008, 12:18 PM
If the installation was not done correctly, get the installer back to finish it off!

koshba
15-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Every install i have ever done with my meter i have all ways started with 1 west and never had any problems,did he set it up with thor 1st??

williamtell
15-09-2008, 07:19 PM
yes, the highest satellite i hear.

digihoe
16-09-2008, 12:40 AM
Is the pole/bracket the motor is on a 100% 90 degrees? I guess your UK based, if so then 20-30% on astra2 is crap... So, yeah get the fitter back for a better fitting...

wod
16-09-2008, 09:07 PM
it does sound like the wall mount isn't level, i hope its not one of them L shape brackets as they are only good enough for a fixed dish not a motorised one

a small set of t&k brackets would work better depending the length of standoff from the wall required for the dish to turn and not hit the wall

williamtell
17-09-2008, 09:57 PM
cheers wod its actually a very good stainless steel h shaped sturdy bracket will check though.

linkreginald
18-09-2008, 06:50 AM
the pole off dish make shore it is spot on with a level