PDA

View Full Version : Working EXT HDD

dman
18-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Finally managed to get my new eSATA ext HDD to work, had given up on the old usb one I had, just found it to difficult to setup.This seems to work quiet well haven't done much with it yet only 1 test recording and playback

starfox
18-09-2008, 05:09 PM
And the result was?

dman
18-09-2008, 05:59 PM
The result was an eSata type ext Hdd works with Dm 800,eSata was the only type of ext Hdd that worked for me anyway.

sllaq
18-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I have ext 2.5" usb hdd working on dm800. I set this up via blue control panel (device manager). Formatted and mounted ok.(path /mewdia/hdd).

Had to manually add a directory on the hard drive called "movie".

Once the directory movie is created, you can then record.

Only problem is that when you re-boot the dm800, you then have to mount the HDD all over again.

Maybe someone knows what line of text to put in the automount editor so that the external usb hdd mounts automatically on re-boot?????

Regards
Sllaq

x5
18-09-2008, 07:27 PM
The result was an eSata type ext Hdd works with Dm 800,eSata was the only type of ext Hdd that worked for me anyway.

i want to get 1 eSATA what make is yours m8??just to make sure i get 1 that will work with the DM800

saintomer1866
18-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi X5.
I just used a normal maxtor sata drive in a akasa esata external enclosure (powered).
works fine.

dman
18-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Well my 320g eSata is bought from a well known German retailer for 99 euro not sure if I can put a the link here.

Aldo
18-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Well my 320g eSata is bought from a well known German retailer for 99 euro not sure if I can put a the link here.

This should help you make you mind up M8:

Links
No links are to be posted to other commercial satellite retailers other than our site sponsors.

dman
19-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Ok Aldo no links, there does seem to be an issue with multibooting though have tried to boot from a different image but the hdd is not seen, will have a look later no time now,it only seems to be a problem if booting from a different image don't think its a problem with the drive.Will try to set it up with Nabiloblackhole image later, using Gemini 3.7 at the moment.

x5
19-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Ok Aldo no links, there does seem to be an issue with multibooting though have tried to boot from a different image but the hdd is not seen, will have a look later no time now,it only seems to be a problem if booting from a different image don't think its a problem with the drive.Will try to set it up with Nabiloblackhole image later, using Gemini 3.7 at the moment.

maybe u just need to setup the HDD with the new image u using, so if u update your image u need to set up the HDD again let us know the outcome

dman
19-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I did have to set up hdd again on Nabiloblackhole image but I did not have to format it strange thing is the recordings that I did on Gemini remained on the Hdd but could only be seen by that image and the same with the Nabiloblackhole image these recordings could be seen from that image also,maybe there is some other setting that would change this, seems a pity that this is the case.

nofear
19-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Only problem is that when you re-boot the dm800, you then have to mount the HDD all over again.

Maybe someone knows what line of text to put in the automount editor so that the external usb hdd mounts automatically on re-boot?????

Regards
Sllaq

add your hard disk to the fstab.
you can do it with the device manager after mounting you will find add to fstab

thanks

dman
20-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Working now 100% reflashed box with full version of OoZooN CVS DM 800 from here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92374
No more problems all recordings show up in each Image now, don't know why, could it be when I reflashed the ext eSata HDD was already connected anyway it works.

sllaq
28-09-2008, 01:46 PM
add your hard disk to the fstab.
you can do it with the device manager after mounting you will find add to fstab

thanks
Thank you nofear.

Added ext USB HDD to fstab and now dm800 mounts hdd after re-booting.

Regards
Sllaq