PDA

View Full Version : Problems recording to HDD

bobothebear
21-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Hello,
I thought Id finally got my DM800 working how i liked until this evening when I tried to record Lord of the Rings on Channel 4 HD.
For some reason everytime i pressed record it would carry on playing for about 10 seconds and then stop.

Now its 5am and whilst feeding my son i decided to have a play and see what was up. I've noticed that any FTA channels or ones via emu work perfectly to record.
If however I try one via Gb0x CS like Channel 4 HD then it will not record. This problem holds true for any channel not just HD ones.

I've installed the new bootloader which stopped it crashing lots on HD channels and last saturday I recorded the 1st LOTR perfectly so what has changed since then?

1) Screwed the lid back on the box
2) Plugged in Barry Allen USB stick

Could either of these be the cause of it to not want to record correctly? Is the record function somehow disabling the ethernet port?

bobothebear
21-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Incase anyone is interested... After I went back to sleep i've just this second removed the USB stick from the back of the box. Pressed to record a channel and its working fine!!
So for some reason my Barry Allen USB stick is stopping me recording.

Has anyone else found similar? I do have another USB key so may try that out.