PDA

View Full Version : 6900HD Super returned

oldjiver
23-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Regretfully I returned my 6900Hd super to the supplier yesterday for a refund. Never did work properly. Superb pictures, too many bugs.
Technomate never even replied to my e-mail asking for advice.
I will try again when it starts to get good reviews as it is a superb box.:beatdeadhorse5:

psientist
23-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Gulp - have just ordered one of the 6900 supers. Can you tell me what bugs I can look forward to, please.

madsod
23-09-2008, 08:18 PM
i think you should be ok m8 most find it ok the blind scan is not a 100 % yet and the pvr has a few bugs but so say a fix is on the way , might be friday , and t/mate are so good at getting it right , not like some stb you can buy .

psientist
23-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Many thanks for the reassuring reply - I'll sleep more soundly tonight !!

Loz
23-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Regretfully I returned my 6900Hd super to the supplier yesterday for a refund. Never did work properly. Superb pictures, too many bugs.
Technomate never even replied to my e-mail asking for advice.
I will try again when it starts to get good reviews as it is a superb box.:beatdeadhorse5:

Wow believe it or not, I put my 6900 combo up for sale so I could add to the sale funds and buy a super, but after reading some comments on this site last week I took it off the market... went out at the weekend and bought a 2 port usb hub, and fitted it saturday night into my combo so now I have a front usb and 2 on the rear... job done... add a jumper to my Hdd to make it a slave unit so when I want to use the front all I have to do is insert the usb stick switch off and on and the usb on the front is the one shown in file list... remove it after upgrade switch off and on and the rear port Hdd is back in swing... so I think for now I made the right choice... I love the tm and wanted a super real bad... but I can do with out the bugs....

Loz..:respect-069::respect-055:

echelon
23-09-2008, 10:19 PM
ps:- MAGIC issued a new patch today to fix some of the bugs on the 6900SUPER , so my advice for those super owners is try it out and see , and I am sure that technomate and MAGIC will sort out any niggles on that box. I predict it will really take off , and no I havent got one but its on my shortlist !!! :)

brain
23-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi guys
So Ive bought the new model to tide me over till the DM 8000 comes out - looks really good - can someone point a DB dedicatee to how to load the patches? Many thanks - Brain

echelon
23-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi guys
So Ive bought the new model to tide me over till the DM 8000 comes out - looks really good - can someone point a DB dedicatee to how to load the patches? Many thanks - Brain

the tm6000 forum is the correct place to post questions https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=185 and has various sticky threads with patches and details and info

if you are using the serial port read the faq for the tm1000 series as its the same loader , same cable and some files like tmsoftcam and bin files are the same too

ps:- you will want todays v6.57p magic patch too

oldjiver
24-09-2008, 08:55 AM
I didnt want to put anyone off this marvellous machine as its picture quality and specification are great. But with it not working properly from the start how long can you wait to see if it is a genuine fault or just a simple software fix.?
My old TM5500CIP worked fine from day one for many years. Does anyone think TM and other box manufacturers rush thing out too quickly nowadays?

Oh by the way the problem was that it reset every few minutes(turned itself off and back on again) Which meant you couldnt do a blind scan or record anything. I suppose patching software would be out as it didnt stay on long enough to do it. So it had to go back.

Oh and (my head is not working this morning) Technomate replied said a fix would be out Thursday. (no good to me as it wouldnt stay on long enough to fix it)

Dreamcatcher
24-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I didnt want to put anyone off this marvellous machine as its picture quality and specification are great. But with it not working properly from the start how long can you wait to see if it is a genuine fault or just a simple software fix.?
My old TM5500CIP worked fine from day one for many years. Does anyone think TM and other box manufacturers rush thing out too quickly nowadays?

Oh by the way the problem was that it reset every few minutes(turned itself off and back on again) Which meant you couldnt do a blind scan or record anything. I suppose patching software would be out as it didnt stay on long enough to do it. So it had to go back.

Oh and (my head is not working this morning) Technomate replied said a fix would be out Thursday. (no good to me as it wouldnt stay on long enough to fix it)
I did post somewhere else and someone confirmed that the lack of AU on TPS was causing my 6800 to keep resetting itself. Couldn't get in there to do anything but moving the dish to 19E and and then knocking out France4 from the favourites fixed it. AS you know TMs will try to open the last channel you used before turning off and mine was on France4. No probs now so TM owners might wish to look at this aspect.