PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Upgrade

consolglass
23-09-2008, 08:38 PM
I am thinking of upgrading my satellite receiver and fancy the Technomate 6900HD Super.
My current system is a Panasonic 42" HD tv,an Echostar 3000ipav,dragon cam and a channel master 1mtr dish using a channel master polar mount,an invacom 0.4db c120 lnb with a Channel master feedhorn.
I want to maintain my dish/polar mount part of my system as I have a limited budget and changing the mount looks like it could be expensive.and a lot of work !!
I have read that a v box will be required when i do purchase a new receiver to utilise the Diseqc to "motorise" my current set up.My main concern is compatability between the v box and the technomate
Does any one have a "similar" set up? I`d appreciate any feedback regarding compatability or problems encountered with the set up.
I notice quite a lot of 6900 super owners have reported problems with reeivers re-booting during blind scan searches...I have just read on another website that a software upgrade is to be available thurs this week...so that "eases" my mind somewhat.
any help or advice greatly appreciated