PDA

View Full Version : Humax 5400 upload probs ?

Jeff Stuart
24-09-2008, 05:47 PM
I do not seem to be able to upload bin or hdf files to my 5400 today ...the receiver works fine but just does not see my computer...have tried new null modem lead but no joy....does it need spring clean or what ????? any idea's please ????

Jeff :respect-061:

voith driver
25-09-2008, 06:07 PM
hi jeff,
on no account do a spring clean, this is just a bored afternoon job when you suddenly decide that you want to put it to out of the box condition so that you can start fresh.

usually a bin failure can be sorted out by reloading the channel settings this does a clean out and you can then load a bin, however you also mention HDF, this is another matter and suggests its a connection failure, or port change,

what happens when you start, what messages etc, also have you tried getting it to the waiting for ----- then switching the humax off then back on

hope this helps
voith

Jeff Stuart
25-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks Voith will give that a go....thankyou. will report back

Jeff

grumpyy
25-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Is there any connection t'other way humax -> pc
Try loading existing settings or bin back from stb

Jeff Stuart
25-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I have tried to load settings to the 5400 but it just seems not to sse it at all and just goes ahead in the normal manner and puts the picture on.....as if the null modem lead was not plugged in ?

Jeff

jimrare
26-09-2008, 08:39 PM
It seems then that your cable is either wrong or faulty. There are different types of cables out there. This is how the pins should look like.

ALIBE
27-09-2008, 02:53 AM
For most updates, a two-way communication between your PC and Humax is required. Your Humax will check for any incoming communication during boot-up - hence the power down / up procedure.

From what you have described, your Humax is not detecting any such communication and is just switching to normal viewing mode. Although this may be a receiver software fault, I would eliminate the following before doing any "spring clean".

1. Check whether you can upload a Zero-ram.hdf file to your receiver using HDFSmart or HZU Uploader. Look in the Public Uploads for this file.
2. Double check that you are using the required Null Modem / RS232c (crossover) cable and not the similar RS232 cable.
3. Ensure that you are not using two Null Modem cables connected together. The use of two (or any even number) of Null Modem cables in series will negate the required crossover of terminals.
4. Check in Device Manager on your PC to ensure that your Com Port is not disabled.
5. Check that you are using the correct Com Port. This is particularly important if you are using a USB to RS232 adaptor which often defaults to Com 7 on installation of the required drivers.
6. Check for damaged pins on the RS232 port of your PC and Humax.
7. Establish whether the problem has occurred since you installed any new software on your PC (e.g. Vista) or started using a different PC.
8. Have you installed any new hardware on your PC that may have affected the IRQ's.
9. Try using a different PC, if possible, particularly if you have been using a laptop.
10. Try using a different or re-installed version of your uploader to eliminate the possibility of any file corruption.
11. Double check that the Uploader is set for the right Com Port and receiver type.
12. Ensure that you do a speedy power down / up after starting the data transmission from your PC.

Good luck.

Jeff Stuart
27-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Tried all you said checked port,pins ...etc only thing I suspect I sent for what was described as the thing converting from usb/serial lead but it has the wrong thing at the Humax end so they give you an extension lead to convert it ...but I am wondering if this is just an ordinary RS232 ...????? :respect-055:

I have nearly exhausted everything else ?

Jeff ?

voith driver
27-09-2008, 08:32 PM
oh jeff, why did you not say you were using a usb/serial converter, they are always cropping up with problems, i have not got one so I can't give much, but i would suggest reloading the drivers it might help, with the lead don't just check the continuity, but check the cross over as well

hope this helps
voith

Jeff Stuart
28-09-2008, 09:57 AM
I have both Voith...tried both but no success ? ordered new 5mts null modem lead so that will tell me something ? with 232 on each end so no extensions etc....just plain lead for job...like I have used for about 5 years ?

Jeff

Jeff Stuart
01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
New null modem lead arrived and works fine now....so old lead will find the bin..prompto ??????:respect-037:
thanks for your comments in helping me much appreciated,

So have put TOH 11 on now ..so do I need new setting pmc etc that long since I last did it whats the sequence please card+emu etc. whats the score chaps bin file etc if so which and where ???

Thanks Jeff :king-042:

Marco
01-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Jeff if you want to start from scratch.

1. save your original setings
2. delete all channels
3. original firmware
4 patch ( 10.3 to 11.1)
5 your settings
6 bin then pmc
7 go into config card+emu also Nagra2 AU Off

Jeff Stuart
01-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Done that Marco but still will not work seems as if bin file has nothing in it when I load it to DSR.....and on the tv it just says try at bottom screen instead of EMU ....what should card blocker be OFF etc please.

Jeff

Jeff Stuart
02-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Ok Marco we have progress with v10.4 and your pmc table and reinstalled dsr..?

Jeff

Jeff Stuart
02-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Thankyou Marco and everyone else who replied I have now sorted it fine and just needs fine tuning now ....:respect-055:great stuff appreciate the help.

Jeff :respect-040:

Marco
02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
glad you got it sorted Jeff :respect-054: