PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all can I help anyone?

jimihendrix
24-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Guys, if anyone wishes to talk to me I will be happy to reply. Many of you will know me from the other forum where I am one of the moderators of the Darkbox section.
My view of forums and I do belong to many is that they should be a place to go when you need updates, help or advice and are defiantly not for ranting on about this or that.
Personally I have never banned a member from any forum but I will and do edit posts or remove threads to keep things civil. I don't believe that any member and especially new members should be exposed to a continuous barrage of abusing posts. Things are difficult enough without having to wade through post after post of hate mail.
If a customer buys something he has a contract with the dealer who sold the item and should take his problems up with that dealer, not openly post insult after insult on the very forum supplying updates and software to him free of charge.
From time to time I have had to return to a dealer with a faulty item and in every case politely pointing out the problem has resulted in a replacement or refund, had I gone in in the "attack mode" the outcome could well have been the opposite.
Everyone knows there has been a delay in the PVR software and in truth this is an inconvenience but that is all it is, I can and do record daily from the SCART socket onto my DVD recorder no problem.
If anyone wants to talk to me great but I will only answer honest posts so please no insults or rants and please don't use this as an opportunity to ride you old hobby horse lets keep this friendly.:cheers2::cheers2:

sonic1
24-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Nice intro m8 and I understand your post, you do a great job on S A T but don't do the work of the organ grinder.
Be your self here and enjoy the board.
Look forward to seeing you here as a regular
Regards
sonic1

^^COMPASS^^
25-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Welcome to satpimps jimi i look forward to reading your posts m8 :respect-053:

Dreamcatcher
25-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Good post Jimi and an interesting point about faulty goods. In many cases it's the dealer who doesn't understand that he's responsible for sorting out problems in the guarantee period. In the UK there's a legal requirement to guarantee goods for a period of one year and after that any further years are discretionary.

I agree the soft approach is the right way but it can be frustrating when dealers try to refer customers to the manufacturer. Needs fairness on both sides but the law is on the side of the customer in the first year.

linkreginald
06-10-2008, 01:58 PM
hi everbody on this forum you only got to ask and you will get all the help you need what a forum thanks 100 times