PDA

View Full Version : DM800 USB Power

yesfan
30-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Got my DM on a laptop cooler and it seems to be happy, so far, box is cool and no more lock ups. Got a couple of issues that might make me change for internal cooling:

The laptop cooler is huge, compared to the DM800, and ugly. Can put up with this but having to unplug it everytime I stick the box in standby is a pain in the ar**. Is there any way of shutting off the USB power when the box goes into standby? I've checked the settings a few times but there doesnt seem to be anything to do this. Does the same thing happen if you intsall an internal fan powered by the internal USB socket?

sonic1
30-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Regards the cooling have a look at post 13
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=90860
It might help

yesfan
30-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Thx, it was that post that prompted me to get the lappy cooler, but no mention of USB power switching.....is everyone happy with the fans spinning indefinitely even when the box is not in use? Maybe I should post the question in that thread? Cheers

starfox
30-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Thx, it was that post that prompted me to get the lappy cooler, but no mention of USB power switching.....is everyone happy with the fans spinning indefinitely even when the box is not in use? Maybe I should post the question in that thread? Cheers

Yes i have the same problem. but the blue neons light up nice at night.

x5
30-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Got my DM on a laptop cooler and it seems to be happy, so far, box is cool and no more lock ups. Got a couple of issues that might make me change for internal cooling:

The laptop cooler is huge, compared to the DM800, and ugly. Can put up with this but having to unplug it everytime I stick the box in standby is a pain in the ar**. Is there any way of shutting off the USB power when the box goes into standby? I've checked the settings a few times but there doesnt seem to be anything to do this. Does the same thing happen if you intsall an internal fan powered by the internal USB socket?

theres no way m8 the usb r not supose to go in standby with the box
supose u have a usb card reader connected to your box every time u put in standby your card will stop working
not good for your cs partners:banghead:

yesfan
30-09-2008, 08:47 PM
didnt think it was possible. Well if I had to choose between a power switching usb port that turns my fans off without me having to get off my arse and lose cs or leave it as it is and keep cs.......I'll be gettin off my arse every time :)