PDA

View Full Version : TM 6900 super

brain
02-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi Guys
I know the publicity on this box has not all been good but I always believe the proof of quality and service is when things arent right. Mine had a suspected tuner prob and the service from TM was magnificent Within minutes of receipt yesterday engineer on phone - we talked through tests needed and although they found it Ok a new box has arrived today and since it may be my LNB a freebie was included - cant say fairer than that! Also a very interesting discussion on the work they are putting in and development of software. Good experience. Cheers - Brain

consolglass
02-10-2008, 05:55 PM
any chance you could say anything about the software...a possible use for the ethernet connection??

brain
03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi Consolglass
Sorry for delay. The chat was supposedly in confidence but is to do with tuner I understand. However it does seem that they are very much in a real state of constant upgrade and value for money so good news - it will keep me going till the DM8000 settles and is available at not too silly a price!! I hope !! Cheers Brain

consolglass
04-10-2008, 01:41 PM
thanks for the reply..i have ordered the DM 800....in exchange for my technomate 6900(one week old!!) as i want HD and linux...if there was deffo info that the technomate was to "become" a linux based receiver...i would keep it...but hey wife has just said...keep the technomate and i`ll buy you the DM 800 as a xmas box!!!! I cant beleive it...all i want now is sunderland to beat arsenal this aft
cheers

dobrocop
04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
you lucky sod,.and i suppose arsenal lost to sunderland too,...some guys,...

brain
04-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi
Yup I also want Linux and HD but since I shall need an HD box in the bedroom the TM will move there if and when the DM 8000 is available and supported - My wife says she'll buy me that one so not too bad!! Think she got the worse part of the deal - lol - Cheers - Brain

moonbase
05-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Brain,

Did you send your TM6900 back directly to Technomate yourself or was it through the supplier of the TM6900. I was possibly under the wrong impression that the supplier was the point of contact in case of faults rather than the manufacturer whilst the product was still under warranty.

Reading your 1st post in the thread it appears that you sent the TM6900 directly back to Technomate yourself?

Rgds

stefor
06-10-2008, 03:43 AM
Hi All

I'm really disapointed with my 6900 Super. It simply won't let you blind search and since tonight won't even let me manually enter TP's!! It just falls over all the time the moment you start entering the frequency.

Has anyone got any ideas? I've deleted any minor satellites, all radio stations and have less than 4000 channels scanned. Like I said, if you go into advanced search and add TP, the moment you start to put in the first number of he frequency it falls over.

CHeers

AndyX
06-10-2008, 06:40 AM
stefor
from what I am reading, this may be due to a full transponder database. It has on previous Technomates I have had, or a corrupted database which can happen if you have got a database off the internet. a full factory reset and rescan should solve your problem.

echelon
06-10-2008, 08:33 AM
it would also seem that on the super you must start from scratch and not use the channel database from the 6800 standard or the 6900 standard due to some compatibility issues

so do not use the old database and then start blind scanning , start from a clean start and see what happens

as far as warranties in the uk , the retailer is the point of contact , not the manufacturer , clearly states this in the sale of goods act

so although you can get the manufacturer involved in repairs ( which the retailer should actually do on your behalf ) ,
its the retailer who is liable , and is the only point of contact for refunds and returns