PDA

View Full Version : Newbie please help

consolglass
10-10-2008, 11:58 PM
just got my dm800 have followed a tutorial for setting up a static ip and have connected my dm to my pc powered down then powered up keeping my finger on the power button...get the word stop ..but at this point according to the tutorial..i should get an ip address..i get dhcp....any one got any advice...cheers

Aldo
11-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Hi M8

I don't have your type of receiver, but you can get all the settings you require, IP Address etc by going to - Start - > Run -> Type in the box cmd - > Press Enter -> A black box appears - > Type in - ipconfig/all - > you will then see all of the setting that you require to setup your network connection. I hope that this is of some help to you.

Gone_Fishing
11-10-2008, 12:32 AM
From my understanding of the instructions you need dhcp enabled on your router and that assigns the IP address, your route (dhcp) isn't assigning your dreambox with the ip thats why its displaying dhcp

I assume your trying to flash different firmware, using that method you use dhcp if you use a static and no dhcp it requires more work

Its all here

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm800/eng_browser.php

TNT

consolglass
11-10-2008, 10:07 AM
i am connecting the dm800 directly to the pc
yes i am trying to flash the dm800 and also install cccam
I have set up the static ip on the pc using the tutorial..the next step in the tutorial is as described in my first post..the tutorial advises that dhcp shuld be turned off...are there any settings on the dm800 i need to change to get this working...starting to get a little frustrated now!!!!
cheers

Gone_Fishing
11-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Which tutorial are you using ?

Are you using a crossover cable to connect pc directly to dm800 without router ?

I know the method I posted the link to requires DHCP which assigns a IP, if your not using DHCP then you have to setup an IP address in the bootloader which is also detailed in the link

I'm not a dm owner so maybe someone else is better off helping you I'm just going on the information from the link above

TNT

consolglass
11-10-2008, 01:11 PM
think that was my problem...i was connecting to the pc using a standard ethernet cable...i have now gone DM800>router>pc and i now have a ip address on the front of my dm800 and have a "bootloader web interface"...i think this is where i should be...i now need to choose an image...so will read up on the various images avalable...I`m sure i`ll be back...thanks for the help
cheers

Gone_Fishing
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Yes that would be a problem but in any case its best to use a router as it has a dhcp server and makes life a lot easier

Your soon get the hang of it :)

TNT

consolglass
11-10-2008, 01:29 PM
thanks...back again...images...lots to choose from....majority on here are for gemini or nabillo....gonna try nabillo

consolglass
11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
i`ve now flasd the dm800 successfully YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i now need to access the DCC dreambox control centre..where do i find this??
cheers

consolglass
11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
found it.....cheers

consolglass
11-10-2008, 03:22 PM
any one advise as to how to download and install the ccamfiles please...no luvk on this one yet..also in layman terms how i can watch the footy on ITV hd this aft please ???
cheers