PDA

View Full Version : Password for Root>

applematt
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Been away and come back cant log into DM800 - username->root password>dreambox used to work fine now not.

any easy tricks to sort this? :beatdeadhorse5:

kegnkiwi
11-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Has your ip address of the box changed. If you have had a power spike and router has reset for any reason it could assign a new ip to the box.

ki

applematt
11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
no - ive network tools can see + ping box - and watch TV via webbrowers -- so have correct IP. Just wont accept the normal U/P

Gone_Fishing
11-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Don't you need your user name and password for the web interface though ?

I'm assuming you mean when trying to ftp, have you tried rebooting your box ?

TNT

applematt
11-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Box is turned on -- is connected via a CAT-5 / Can ping from computer and as the above pics shows cant log into box with the default U/P -

kegnkiwi
11-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Just out of curiosity have you pushed the reconnect button a couple of times in quick succession. Find that often helps.

ki

Gone_Fishing
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't think its a password problem as when you have the wrong password DCC tells you that you have the wrong password when trying to connect to telnet, the red line above the dreambox is a complete fail to connect to the dreambox altogether even with a wrong password that would still be green

Try re entering the IP of the dreambox, turn off all firewalls and give it a go

I'm pretty sure if you FTP with a client or telnet in with command prompt the password will work fine

TNT

applematt
11-10-2008, 09:30 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/6o3c6s.jpg

Dont see FTP

Did a reboot a few more times and FTP appeared! Thanks TNT for pointing me in the right direction, your on my Christmas list again! :respect-013:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2agpw0o.jpg

Gone_Fishing
11-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Telnet wasn't there either but is now does dcc work now ?

I would install a FTP client like "FileZilla" they do a mac version much better than using DCC IMHO not a big fan of DCC myself

TNT

applematt
11-10-2008, 09:45 PM
using LT - The fifth Campaign image, not impressed at all. Keeps crashing -- so must be shutting down services also = Bad image causing services to fail like FTP.

im happy with Transmit on the mac does the job -- plus it does SFTP into the iphone.