PDA

View Full Version : BBC HD audio out

snaps
12-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Audio on BBC HD seems to drift in and out. Ive rescanned deleted etc but to no avail. All other HD channels seem fine with no sync problems but just BBC HD. Any solutions?

Ive a 6900 combo

psientist
12-10-2008, 10:46 AM
When you say it drifts in and out, do you mean the vision loses sync with the audio, or just drops in level, and comes back up again ?
Not noticed this effect on the BBC HD, but watching an opera on Astra HD (19E), the audio was well in advance of the video. The sound came out of the singer's voice well before she opened it. I've been putting this down to faults on transmission, but now you have me wondering if it is the receiver that is at fault (6900 super).

TonyO
12-10-2008, 11:02 AM
The tv industry does not see lip sync as important anymore, any tv feeds that come from the USA are always 4 frames adrift and the broadcasters dont care.

The transmission people in the UK can recify this but cant be bothered.

The world has got lazy. :auto:

GARTCOSH
12-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Yes lip sync out on sly hd box (bbc hd)

snaps
14-10-2008, 03:57 PM
so it is a BBC HD problem then. Thats good to know its not the 6900 or settings i have entered.

peggle
14-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Andy Quested from BBC HD has owned up to this in his blog:-

Hope you should also find last weeks sync error has gone now. After the last equipment upgrade a 2 frame audio delay was introduced that was not properly compensated for in the video chain. This has been corrected. Andy

_http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2008/10/the_scourge_of_scart.html#comment sanchor - comment 4.