PDA

View Full Version : sat nav software on laptop and XP

snaps
19-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Is there such software that will run on windows XP on a laptop with a blutooth GPS reciever? Im just wondering.

jacker
19-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Hi, Yes , MS AutoRoute for one

rickt
20-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah , I gave it a try earlier in the year on one of my laptops . Saw Autoroute on a free download [1.2GB], the one with the GPS . Bought a usb gps unit from *xpan*ys to try and it works brilliantly .

Get some starnge looks with the laptop sitting on the dashboard when I'm driving , but ........................only joking .

traveller
20-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi, Yes , MS AutoRoute for one

Not working with Vista. :(

tomdick
20-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Garmin mobile pc works ok

Detlef
21-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Before I got a TomTom I used a USB GPS adapter and MS Autoroute on a lappy.

Funny thing is that it gives the altitude as well so on those strange occasions when you think you are going downhill but the car lacks power you can confirm that you are still climbing.

Detlef
21-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Not working with Vista. :(

According to the M$ compatibility site Microsoft AutoRoute 2007 is working with Vista.

_http://www.microsoft.com/uk/homepc/autoroute/SystemRequirements.aspx?pid=002

traveller
21-10-2008, 09:17 PM
According to the M$ compatibility site Microsoft AutoRoute 2007 is working with Vista.

_http://www.microsoft.com/uk/homepc/autoroute/SystemRequirements.aspx?pid=002

Well not on my Ultimate laptop it doesn't. I can't remember the error that comes on shortly after clicking to start.

Detlef
22-10-2008, 03:41 AM
Hi traveller,

What isn't working ?

Microsoft Autoroute 2007 or the GPS adapter or both ?

Is it the h*cked version of Autoroute ?

traveller
23-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi Detlef, MS autoroute original, MS Vista Ultimate a Chinese crack, but it didn't work with MS Vista home basic original that was on my Dell 1501 laptop. I sold autoroute on Eb*y sometime ago when others reported the same problem after I did a google search. I never had the version with a GPS only the software. I can't remember how much I paid but it must have been around £50 and sold it for £35. It did work on a XP laptop which I sold it to a workmate.

maxhum
27-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Twingo's (latest) Igo8 pc version .works very good and fast.
( Garmin pc also ok) Greetings.

grumpyy
09-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Bought a usb gps unit from *xpan*ys to try and it works brilliantly .

Which is a good one?

dxdy
09-09-2009, 12:31 AM
iGO8 PC v1.6.1 work fine....

tested with XP and Windows 7

http://i29.tinypic.com/2h2qe6o.png

rickt
09-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Which is a good one?

Just turned the house upside down looking for the empty box ,but found it .

It's a BU-353 USB GPS Navigation Receiver made by Glob-a-l-s-a-t
* USB requires no external power
* Waterproof housing
* built-in magnet mount

w*w.glob-a-l-s-a-t.com.tw
w*w.usglob-a-l-s-a-t.com
for more info .

reading the box ............... includes drivers to convert your USB port to a virtual COM port so GPS data can be read by your software .Includes a free copy of 'GPSinfo' & 'MacGPSinfo' utility programs for testing your GPS receiver ..................well I never knew that .........

Works good and never had any problems it and it's SirfStar III.

hope this helps .

get rid of the slashes in addys .

grumpyy
10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks a lot for taking the time to look rickt. :)

Sounds very good.

Introducing the first SiRF Star III based Serial GPS receiver with WAAS/EGNOS* support for enchance position accuracy.

The Glob***** BU-353 Water-Proof USB Mouse GPS Receiver is powered by SiRF Star III chipset is a new-generation GPS chipset that has extremely high sensitivity, lower power usage and more rapid time-to-fix.

It works very well even in reduced visibility environment or weak signal tracking such as traveling in mega city and surrounded by tall buildings

rickt
10-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Well worth getting a one especially with the igo8 available from dxdy.
This program is working great with the UK maps ,menu/settings/voices are now in English ,have added the maps of the major holiday destinations. Only downside is screen resolution 800 x 480 .Dont think this can be changed though. Still a very good program ................thanks to dxdy for the upload.