PDA

View Full Version : What is the 9100 like then?

Dreamlife
20-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I am just wondering what this box is like now? I was going to buy a DM 100 but i'm thinking this box might be better? With the start of premiere switching off today it is pushing me more and more to a box that works with ccam. If I know how to operate a DM 500 will I find this box ok? I read a few months back that people were having problems and this jtag thing was popping up. Am I likely to have these problems if I bought this box?

traveller
20-10-2008, 07:12 PM
To be honest the DM 100 will do what you want with CCcam. But it only has one card slot ( TM 9101 has two ) and the TM 9101 tuner pulls in very weak signals, Iam not sure about the DM 100. With a late image eg:- Andromeda or UR 14 it works like a dream ( pun intended ) :).
When I go HD then I will have to look elsewhere, so that may push you to look at the DM 800 instead.

catseye
20-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Hiya

If you buy the 9100 get yourself a mmc card 1gb & load DS-CVS multiboot in the flash -that way you can load several different images on the card via Iboot that you can play around with

You need to read loads & have lots of patience:banghead:-honest but when its works its great

I had nablio darkstar, which is a dreambox adapted image for the 9100 & it worked brilliantly for me, although some of the functions on the remote where different

Ive tried nemesis 4.1 & 4.2, ur13, 14 & ds images and not much to choose between them

I found using nablio worked better with my vbox positioner -it didnt loose its stored positions when it crashed

For its price its not a bad box & theres loads of support on here & elsewhere to help when you need it:respect-048:

cyprusdunc
21-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi m8,if you have got a 500 and so are into linux conventions then you will be fine as most of the learning has been done.
Hardly any of these boxes needed jtagging and those that were in the early days could have been recovered by other methods.
The images are today stable and have improved more quickly than dm.s at the same stage.
This box is very flexible and will do all you want it to do,for the price its great,would be nice if it had twin tuners,but you know the price dm want for theirs.To overcome this I put an itgate tgs220 on top of the tm and get the best of all worlds. Dunc.

tr8.
21-10-2008, 08:24 AM
All i can say is i have a tm9100 and a dm7020, the 9100 is on by big dish and used a lot, the dm7020 is not as good and will go when i buy a linux based hd reciever.
The tm9100 is great value for money and does now have loads of support in various images. To me this means some people far better than me with linux have the machines and use them as there are loads less supported.
And dont forget, if you compare specs the tm wins buy a long way it more like the 7020 with the option of a H/Drive

Dreamlife
21-10-2008, 11:50 AM
ok I have gone for it and I bought one today. I will proberly be back later in the week with more questions. :)

Gone_Fishing
21-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Buy yourself a 1GB SD card if you haven't already then you can run all available images and find the one you like, plus it allows you to stay out of the flash so less worry as you cant really do anything wrong to screw up your box

TNT

mytoza
21-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Well provided you don't something stooopid like do a factory reset from within the image in multi boot and end up factory resetting your whole box so having to start again.
Especially painful if you haven't quite grasped backing up your settings also.

But no, who would be stooopid enough to do something like that :o15:

:001_302:
Well it was the early days of owning my box so just a fair warning that there is at least one thing you can do to screw things up but generally things are a lot safer in multiboot just as TNT said :respect-023:

makaveli
21-10-2008, 05:29 PM
along with my very old and now out of use humax5400 i rate this as one of the best receivers i have ever used and if you're not going to watch hd it is well worth it. i still prefer it over the dm800, if TM produce a similar setup for an HD receiver as the 9100 i would be very tempted to get one

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I got my box this morning. :cool:

Got to set it all up now:woohoo-022:

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 11:27 AM
ok I have just read the installation sticky but i'm still a bit confused, so I have some questions.

I have just plugged the box in and would like to know what I do next? I used to have a DM 500 so I know some stuff about networking and linux. I just want to get this flash bit over with so I don't end up doing anything wrong. Can anyone help? :)

echelon
22-10-2008, 12:29 PM
depends on if you want to do one of 2 things

1) either put the flash into the flash itself ?

or

2) flash the box with the ds-cvs dual boot flash , and then take the advice of using a cheap 1 gig sdcard and use either jiboot or whatever to load the images onto the sdcard having booted the ds-cvs flash , as mentioned in posts 3 , 7 & 8

so either way you should flash the box , having determined what is in there already , and bearing in mind there are standard box flashes for the original 9100 , and the super flashes for the 9101 or 9100 super , as this has a bigger flash memory than a standard box

so it depends on the model number , and if you are going to risk using the flash , or want to use images on a card , and if its images , then at least use a dual boot ds flash so you can try ported dreambox images

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 12:38 PM
depends on if you want to do one of 2 things

1) either put the flash into the flash itself ?

or

2) flash the box with the ds-cvs dual boot flash , and then take the advice of using a cheap 1 gig sdcard and use either jiboot or whatever to load the images onto the sdcard having booted the ds-cvs flash , as mentioned in posts 3 , 7 & 8

so either way you should flash the box , having determined what is in there already , and bearing in mind there are standard box flashes for the original 9100 , and the super flashes for the 9101 or 9100 super , as this has a bigger flash memory than a standard box

so it depends on the model number , and if you are going to risk using the flash , or want to use images on a card , and if its images , then at least use a dual boot ds flash so you can try ported dreambox images

Thanks m8, I have the TM 9100 Super. I'd like to go down the safest route if I can. I take it that is the memory card route? I just need someone to explain what I need to do so I don't mess it up. I have plugged the box in and the ethernet and setup hotbird but that's as far as iv'e got.

echelon
22-10-2008, 12:49 PM
safest route is to flash the box with the june 2008 ds-cvs flash for the super if there is one using a serial null modem cable , factory reset before and after doing this , then boot it up

then setup the comms ip as fixed to talk to your router in the menu , and also change the password to something you will use from now on by altering it in tcc , I have used tcc6 up until now but there is a new v7.1 that may work , I havent tried v7.1 yet so cannot comment on that new loader myself

once this is in the flash and booted you can use jiboot v4.3 to format a memory card , install jiboot , and then load all your images you wish to try onto this card , do all this now if you can , so the 2 dreambox images nabilo and gemini , and ur14 , edg 4.1 , dsteam v4 for the tm , you can use standard or super images on this sdcard , doesnt matter afaik

once this is done you can use the blue button in the flash menu to boot either tm to deal with the tm images , or the hacked boot driver for dreambox to deal with the dm images , this will reboot the box and you get an onscreen menu to choose the image you want

note , you cannot boot a dreambox image if you chose tm , or vice versa , as the machine will keep rebooting , so use the ds-cvs flash to choose dm or tm , then only boot the images for that box

this means it is dual boot but uses the flash to choose the required mode

once you have done this , setup channel lists , install emus and keys etc

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 01:02 PM
ok so let me see if I have got this right. I unplug my box and use a null cable to flash it with this dual boot. I perform a factory reset before I flash it and then again after I have flashed it?

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91300

What software do I have to use to flash it with a null cable?

echelon
22-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I did tell you tcc or tcc v7.1 in my previous post , which is why I put a lot of detail into it

I have always used tcc6 up to now , but if you want to try tcc v7.1 then go ahead , but I have never tried it yet , only downloaded it

tcc = technomate control centre , and is used to flash over serial or by ethernet , and alters passwords etc

not sure what you meant by unplugging your box , I never said anything about unplugging it , it needs mains power in order to flash it

when flashing into the main flash , you should always do a factory reset both before AND after

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 01:19 PM
I did tell you tcc or tcc v7.1 in my previous post , which is why I put a lot of detail into it

I have always used tcc6 up to now , but if you want to try tcc v7.1 then go ahead , but I have never tried it yet , onlky downloaded it

tcc = technomate control centre , and is used to flash over serial or by ethernet , and alters passwords etc

not sure what you meant by unplugging your box , I never said anything about unplugging it , it needs mains power in order to flash it

when flashing into the main flash , you should always do a factory reset both before AND after

ah ok thanks m8, I was not sure what tcc was. I will have to unplug the box because my tv and pc ain't in the same room. :)

echelon
22-10-2008, 01:23 PM
ps:- your linked post is to the august ds-cvs , I said june ds-cvs but having checked its actually MAY ds-cvs

you will need to monitor what you are doing using a cvbs lead or scart lead and a tv where the pc is

if you do not know something then say so , this is the most dangerous part of the operation as you are dealing with the flash , and if it goes wrong then this is the hard part to recover from

learning on the flash is not for beginners , as if it can go wrong , it will !!! :)

we cannot stress enough how much this part requires clarity of thought , understanding the tools and getting the correct files

sdcards dont matter , nothing else matters as long as you flash the box correctly and then use it as least as possible

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 01:40 PM
ok I have another question, I downloaded the May ds cvs zip for the TM 9100S. Now inside the folder there are 3 .img files, logo, uboot and update, which one do I need to use please?

mytoza
22-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Easiest way with TCC7.1 is to use the update image if you are flashing it over ethernet, go to update ensure your ip settings are correct and user and password are filled in and load default settings is ticked.
The factory reset option on there does not appear to work but load default settings appears to do the same job.
What this means is if you flash it this way it automatically resets the box for you so no having to dive down to the box to do this.

Click on the update button and it will open a browser to find the update image, you will be looking for either TM9100S_update.img or TM9101_update.img either should work.
Select the file sit back and it should start erasing then updating after a few moments.
Do nothing to interrupt the process until you see done on the receiver display but it should then automatically reboot itself.

TCC7.1 also has a multi boot option, again this has been problematic and my best advice would be to use Doume's Jiboot 4.3 for this.

echelon
22-10-2008, 02:11 PM
ok I have another question, I downloaded the May ds cvs zip for the TM 9100S. Now inside the folder there are 3 .img files, logo, uboot and update, which one do I need to use please?

if using tcc6 and a serial null modem cable , I believe its uboot into the flash from what I remember ( not done very often so hard to gain experience in flashing the flash as I prefer not to touch it !! )

the update images are definitely used in jiboot , but sometimes you get missing file messages so dump any missing files from other images into the same folder as the one you are trying to use

tcc v7.1 may not need those extra files , but as I said I havent used it yet and cannot tell others what I do not know myself

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I have decided to try and flash it via the ethernet because I don't have a serial on my pc, only a serial to usb adaptor. I go into tcc 7.1 and I changed my password. Then I clicked on update and browsed for the TM 9100S update.img. Now it is saying that it's the wrong file for my box. This seems a little difficult for me. Also this ijboot thing, do I do this after I have flashed it?

echelon
22-10-2008, 02:45 PM
forget the jiboot until you have successfully flashed it , then follow my earlier instructions about booting into the flash and then using jiboot

there is a lot to learn on this box so its not like a tm1500 which takes 10 minutes to learn and only one method of doing something :)

I recommended serial load as its the most reliable method of loading and will be needed anyway if things go wrong

I never flash using ethernet and havent used that loader either , so will have to let someone else answer what I am not familiar with

my advice is use the guaranteed to work serial methods , but others may advise you differently according to their experiences. and my tm1500 experience means I am very familiar with serial loading , which is the last resort before the jtagging anyway so if you mess it up.....

and I have never used a 9100s either , my boxes are all standard original ones

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Its not hard M8 don't give up :)

Not used the new TCC either but try renaming the "TM9100S_update.img" to "TM9101_update.img" see if it works

TNT

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Its not hard M8 don't give up :)

Not used the new TCC either but try renaming the "TM9100S_update.img" to "TM9101_update.img" see if it works

TNT

Did not work, it just says the selected file is not used for my receiver. I am using DS-CVS_Duall-Boot_26052008_TM9100S.

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 03:49 PM
ok got to ask the stupid question you sure you have a 9100 Super there ?

If your sure then make sure your using the Super image :)

You have a few options you can try

Add your "TM9101_update.img" to the files in the TM9101 zip below and use the older version TCC6 to upload to your box

or

Format your mmc in FAT and put those files with the mmc files below on your sd, insert SD card turn 9100 off at the back then on again and upgrade should start if it doesn't try again

These are the files you need on mmc

.start_upgrade
flash_update
dags_arial.fnt
flashtools.bin
flashtools.sh
TM9101_uboot.img
TM9101_update.img

The last way and I've never done this with a DS image but have done it with others

Send just the update image to /tmp folder then go to

Setup > Expert Setup > Software Update > Manual Update, then just select the update image and it should start to flash

Its important though that if you have a Super that you use a Super image

TNT

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 04:08 PM
TNT

Out of the 3 files, logo.img, uboot.img and update.img, which do I select in tcc 6 to flash with ethernet? I have been using update.img, is this wrong?

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Just take the update image name it "TM9101_update.img" and add it to the files above in the TM9101 zip

Then in TCC6 select "Update" then "Auto Update" and locate that folder with those files in and it should send them to your 9100 and flash should start

TNT

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 04:24 PM
ok it's now flashed. :)

I used the DS-CVS_Duall-Boot_26052008_TM9100S with TCC v6.

What do I need to do now as the box has rebooted and i'm in the setup?

Is this the worest part over now? Please say yes. :)

echelon
22-10-2008, 04:33 PM
change the box ip to a fixed one from your router sequence ( untick dhcp and change the ip address to the fixed one you choose ) , and keep a note of the ip for future reference as you will need this same ip in every image

so if the router is 192.168.0.1 then set it to say 192.168.0.30 or whatever , but once chosen , stick with it

then login with tcc and change the password to whatever you decide to use from now on , like factory1 , namesake2 or whatever you like , and again note this down and do it in every image you use from now on

so set the ip and password for the flash image

then use jiboot to format the mmc card and install iboot onto it , then load in the update images for every image you are going to test , do it now while you can

then try say ur14 from these images on reboot , and again do the password and ip address , now you are set for the channels and emus and keys etc

once an image is done , you then repeat with every other tm image

then it needs you to reboot in dreambox ( hacked driver ) mode for nabilo and gemini images , and do it all again

the more images you have , the more work it will be , but the channel list can be saved and transferred to each image using your chosen channel tool ( there are several of these tools so pick one you are happy with )

I would install 5 or 6 images , but stick with one while you learn for now

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Might be an idea to factory reset first :)

TNT

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I have now got my router ip setup and have changed my password.

Now with this mmc card, I got a 2gb micro sd card that goes into a bigger standerd card. Can I use this?

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Might be an idea to factory reset first :)

TNT

Can I do this via the menus in the box, think it's in expert setup?

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Can I do this via the menus in the box, think it's in expert setup?

Yes you can but your have to go through setup again, and change password I think :rolleyes:

TNT

echelon
22-10-2008, 04:50 PM
factory reset should be done through the front panel buttons , which should have been done before you flashed as well as after
I didnt tell you this again as we already went through it earlier in this thread

and should have been done BEFORE the ip address and password changes as these will be lost and so will have to be done again
good practice though :)

I would think any card will do as long as its recognised , I use standard size 1 or 2 gig sdcards myself

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 04:57 PM
ok thanks guys. :) So let me see if I got this right, I install jiboot on my PC. Then I put the memory card in my box and the files and stuff get uploaded to it via FTP using jiboot? :confused:

echelon
22-10-2008, 05:01 PM
with the box switched off on the rear switch , hold the UP button on the front and switch on , watching your tv monitor , then go to factory reset , and press the right arrow button to force the factory reset

after its rebooted , do the ip and password

switch off and insert the mem card , switch on and boot into ds-cvs flash

now use jiboot 4.3 to format the card , and to install iboot , and then to load in the various tm and dm UPDATE images onto this card and you need to name them too at this time for your boot menu

once this is done you can reboot and choose an image to play with , start with a tm image as you are in tm mode at the moment

mine are labelled with TM-nameofimage for tm , and DM-nameofimage for dm

please note that at this time you are learning to deal with the box , getting a channel to work will come a lot later , even though its your eventual aim , today is learning to load the box etc

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 05:15 PM
EDG 4.1 is a nice image to start with as you can be up and running with cams and configs straight from addons, once you have installed jiboot that is lol

TNT

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 05:21 PM
ok I have done everything you said, I have installed jiboot onto my PC and inserted my memory card in my box. Now how do I boot into this ds-cvs flash thing? Everything is done up to this stage but I don't really understand this jiboot stuff now. :)

echelon
22-10-2008, 05:28 PM
at the moment , when you boot the box it boots straight into the ds-cvs flash you installed , as can be seen if you press the buttons on the remote for the comms ip address etc

so boot into the flash and leave it like that ( I assume at this point your mmc card is already in and waiting )

this will change later after iboot is running , as you will get a boot menu like you do on a pc when you press f8 at the start , you will see this later

now you load jiboot , install iboot, format the card , set the swap file to 64mb , then start loading images onto it and you will see these listed after you install them

on a further reboot you will actually see and select one on screen , like edg 4.1 for instance , then that is when you start configuring an image for use

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 05:36 PM
ok thank you m8. So I run win_run.bat and the program opens. Then I go into settings and add my box. I fill everything in but i'm stuck on the iboot install path bit, what do I put in there?

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I fill everything in but i'm stuck on the iboot install path bit, what do I put in there?

/mmc

TNT

echelon
22-10-2008, 05:43 PM
put /mmc in the path on the bottom right as its your mmc card you are dealing with

now you know why you must have a unique ip number and password , as all the tools will need these same details

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 05:49 PM
ok thanks, so I have my box now in the jiboot program. Now it gives me a load of options on the left hand side. What do I need to do now? Sorry for being a pain guys, once I get an image on I will be ok on my own then.

echelon
22-10-2008, 05:55 PM
use check iboot media mount and when finished it should go green

then do the install iboot , again it will go green ( you may have to format the card and set 64mb swap file at this stage too )

then its load all your images on time

install firmwares box , new box opens

set a name for your first image , say

TM-EDG41 in middle box for iboot name , then browse to where the edg4.1_update image is and select it in the top box

the install it , and keep saying yes after checking each stage is correct until its gone in

when successful it will say so and you will see the image on the left

now do the same with a few others , like TM-ur14 , TM-dsteam4 , DM-nabilo and DM-gemini

that will have got 3 tm images and 2 dm images on the mmc card

when finished

exit , and reboot the box , and choose TM-edg 4.1 from the boot screen , set language , time etc , rotor or switch , and finally ip and password as before

now you get to play with it :)

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 07:54 PM
ok i'm back, I had to stop for tea. :) I have put the TM images on now, with the DM images can it be any DM image? Like do I need to choose DM 500s images or 700s ones?

echelon
22-10-2008, 08:01 PM
for dm you have to use the specific ported images for the tm , so only the tm-dm images , you cannot use any old dm image at all

ie:- it has to have been tweaked specifically for the tm , like the 2 I mentioned before

and you need to tell the flash to reboot in dm mode using the blue button and selecting to boot the hacked driver and not the tm driver when it reboots

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 08:10 PM
ok i'm back, I had to stop for tea. :) I have put the TM images on now, with the DM images can it be any DM image? Like do I need to choose DM 500s images or 700s ones?

The two DM images are are in the firmware section

Unofficial Nabilo-DarkStar For TM9100/9101 (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=85892)

Unofficial Gemini-4.3 For TM9100/9101 (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=85889)

TNT

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 08:21 PM
ok all is great and well, I have now booted EDG 4.1. :)

How do you get into the motor menu so I can move the dish? I likes to setup my satellites manually but it seems to skip this part? It's the part where you can move the dish left and right and store it.

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 08:53 PM
A BIG thanks to echelon and TNT for helping me today. I am just tuning all the satellites in now then I will setup the cams. It's a great bit of kit so far. :cup-006:

echelon
22-10-2008, 08:59 PM
ok all is great and well, I have now booted EDG 4.1. :)

How do you get into the motor menu so I can move the dish? I likes to setup my satellites manually but it seems to skip this part? It's the part where you can move the dish left and right and store it.

that part is usually done in an image after you select english and the time zone , and then its setup the rotor or switch as I said earlier

I am assuming you have now found it in the menu )

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 09:03 PM
I guess you found motor config then :)

Just a word of warning sometimes sat positions don't store and disappear after reboot, but this can normally be avoided if you do the following after you have stored them

On motor config screen press Red Button (USALS)

On that page you can toggle between Positions or USALS with the "USALS Function" unchecked should show you all your positions listed when you see them listed press Save, that should save the for good

TNT

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 09:44 PM
EDG 4.1 is a nice image to start with as you can be up and running with cams and configs straight from addons, once you have installed jiboot that is lol

TNT

Where is the cams in the addons? I see skins, games, etc but no cams?

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Where is the cams in the addons? I see skins, games, etc but no cams?

Download the extra url from the link unzip and send it to var/etc then go to addons and your have a new option "Download Extra"

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=561967&postcount=2

TNT

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Download the extra url from the link unzip and send it to var/etc then go to addons and your have a new option "Download Extra"

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=561967&postcount=2

TNT

It worked, nice one TNT m8. :)

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Is there a reason why my card won't read in either of the 2 cards slots in ccam 2.0.9?

Gone_Fishing
22-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Is there a reason why my card won't read in either of the 2 cards slots in ccam 2.0.9?

It depends what the card is, CCcam doesn't function properly on other boxes so your probably need to use NewCS as well

Download the following from addons

From Config

CCcam v2.05-9+NewCS

From Cardserver

NewCS 2-Slot 1.62

Then stop CCcam and start the AU version of NewCS then start CCcam again

TNT

Dreamlife
22-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks TNT :)