PDA

View Full Version : TomTom Customer Support

chubb3g114
22-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi
I bought a Tomtom one, here in France in December 2006, it has never run right from day one, it has been back to the shop once and to tomtom service centre twice. On Monday it was returned to me in the same state it was when I sent it back to them, i.e. red cross on SD card in display and will not connect to tomtom home, all they seem to do is change the SD card when it is obvious that the unit is faulty. When I sent an e-mail telling them it still did not work they replied with a list of things to do to try and repair it, I sent another e-mail pointing out that they had just had it in there repair centre for a week and if they could not repair it what chance did I have and can I have a replacement or refund. They replied :-
"We are sorry but the only other option we can offer you is to repair your device a third time. In this case we would also consider compensating for the continued repairs of your device by donating a Plus Service to you".
Any one have any thoughts on what I should do next? and what is a "Plus Service".

Chubb3g114:toetap05:

zad
22-10-2008, 06:49 PM
as far as i know the plus services are things like wallpapers, poi files, sounds and speed camera data... all of which can be found for free on the net

Russell1
22-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Have you got a different memory card you can try ? I had problems with my daughters Tomtom Go500 after I upgraded her software - would not work with the original memory card, but works fine with a Sandisk Extreme III 2gb card.

chubb3g114
23-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi, thanks for the replies.
Each time I have sent the Tomtom for repair it has come back with a new SD card, it works for a few months and then goes **** up again, the same fault each time. I know nothing about the workings of a satnav but even I would look at the unit and not the SD card if it has failed two times.

Chubb3g114