PDA

View Full Version : cccam and newcs question

consolglass
22-10-2008, 06:58 PM
total newbie to DM 800 cccam etc so would appreciate a "layman" answer.....cheers
i understand that i need to install newcs on my dreambox 800.how do i do this and still "keep" my current settings...any help appreciated

canthackit
23-10-2008, 06:08 PM
newcs in downloadable from the blue panel on gemini images and it's generaly avaliable on all images look for CCcam2.0.9+newcs1.60 or whatever, you'll have to do the config manually on both CCcam and newcs, so get your settings sorted.

regards: canthackit

consolglass
23-10-2008, 08:02 PM
thanks for the reply...have seen it ....but have not downloaded it as I dont know what to do...have downloaded cccam 2.09 and got it up and running...no probs...you say i need to configure my settings manually.....what exactly do you mean by this i have configured cccam...well i think i have....do i do the same to newcs...do i put in the same information ????dont want to be a pain mate but total novice here...any further help appreciated
cheers

x5
23-10-2008, 08:16 PM
total newbie to DM 800 cccam etc so would appreciate a "layman" answer.....cheers
i understand that i need to install newcs on my dreambox 800.how do i do this and still "keep" my current settings...any help appreciated

m8 tray to give a little more info?
do u have a card?
u dont need newcs if u dont have a card also some cards work without newcs.
what settings r u talking about? channels or CCcam settings??

consolglass
23-10-2008, 08:51 PM
x5 ok to pm ...not sure if its ok to discuss in the open

canthackit
24-10-2008, 04:57 PM
yeah

let's start from where x5 say's, do you have a card inserted if so which one?

consolglass
25-10-2008, 08:13 PM
thanks for the reply...yes my 800 wont read a n#s card.. my system is set up and working currently...but being a "novice" i`m worried about changing the settings even though i know i need to....was hoping some one will explain how to install the newcs/cccam onto my receiver ...but still maintain my current working settings...is this clear?????....cheers guys any help appreciated

kegnkiwi
25-10-2008, 08:33 PM
You are going to have to change or edit your cccam.cfg file and newcs.xlm file to be able to get your sly card to work. Suggestion is you take a copy of your currenty cccam.cfg file then replace the files you need and then copy and paste your old settings into the new cfg file.

ki

kegnkiwi
25-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Here is the how to to get your card working.

Hi mate,

Attached are the two files, you need to get sly card working. I managed to get it working by playing about but I did nothing other than copy and paste the files.

You need to have downloaded cccam 2.09 and also newcs1.6 you need to have them both running together.

Copy the cccam config over to ect. using dcc
Copy newcs.xml over to /ect/tuxbox/config using dcc

Save and exit, I would next reboot the machine and select a free to air channel like bbc. Make sure cards in and then turn to ch4 or some other channel. It should then clear. Make sure you are still running cccam and newcs1.6

If it does not clear open your browser and type the ip address of your box followed by :16001 this will take you into cccam config data. Look under server and see if you have newcamd and see if you can see your card.

Good luck

ki

***Mods if this has broken any forum rules please delete immediately***

consolglass
25-10-2008, 09:57 PM
thanks for the replies.... so download the files..and then copy over the cccam to the etc folder
and the newcs to the ect/tuxbox/config folder
i transfer these files using ftp???so open the said folders then using dcc use the left and right arrow buttons ??
thanks again guys...bare with me i`ll get there....thanks for the patience!!

consolglass
25-10-2008, 09:59 PM
soz but first download the newcs/cccam latest files using the download on the dm 800???

x5
25-10-2008, 10:46 PM
just follow this

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=565519&postcount=9

if u CS make sure u copy all the lines and put them back after
use DCC its easy

consolglass
26-10-2008, 10:36 PM
ok guys sorry for not replying sooner ...have been celebrating sunderland beating newcastle....28 years of waiting !!! so a lot to celebrate!!!!!!
have downloade dthe latest newcs(1.62) along with the cccam 2.09 using the green > yellow> addons manager
before i made any changes i made a copy of my cccam config file and stored it on my c drive...opened dcc went into ftp>etc>ccam.config....highlighted the exisiting(new) file then cut it save and exit....re booted my receiver and then opened dcc/ftp/etc/cccam.config....it was empty...no text at all...i then highlighted my saved (working) cccam file and using the left/right arrow buttons "transferred" the saved file...but when i open the cccam.config....it has the same text that i highlighted and cut ...so duno wot to do now tried a few times...doing summit wrong ...any help appreciated
cheersd

consolglass
27-10-2008, 10:22 PM
ok guys have completed everything and stil no joy....no or unknown card inserted is the message i get...
i have managed to get my old cccam.config file back up and running and i can see the newcs.xml file in the etc/tuxbox/config....but i cant get my card to work
any ideas?
cheers

paul01609
27-10-2008, 10:27 PM
i got mine to work just with cccam 2.0.9 using smargo card reader

consolglass
27-10-2008, 10:46 PM
@paul01609 what is a "smargo card reader"????

canthackit
28-10-2008, 08:23 AM
@ consolglass

if you don't need to use more than one card forget the card reader, it's really for multi card reading.

if you've configured your settings correctly CCcamd2.0.9+newcs1.6 does work....what we've got to do is somehow find out what settings you've entered without breaking the rules.

canthackit
28-10-2008, 08:33 AM
@ consolglass (again)

sorry mate just re-read your post, delete your existing CCcam.config and newcs.xml files and enter the ones that kegnkiwi has posted for you select the emu from the blue panel and reboot, it should work then.

good luck....post back.

consolglass
28-10-2008, 07:47 PM
@canthackit...thanks for the reply....i`ve managed to download the newcs and cccam latest versions and everything was "back to normal" but still did not read the card......so now i need to ftp the files that kegnkiwi posted...and delete the "new" ones..lol here we go again !!!
just one thing please....to ftp do u just "highlight" the unzipped file..."highlight" the destination(either cccam.config or newcs.config)and press the arrow direction in dcc....save and exit...or does everything have to be done using keyboard shortcuts?? by emu do you mean set as default cam??
i will post just as soon as i have done it...thanks for the patience...again!!
cheers

x5
28-10-2008, 08:15 PM
@canthackit...thanks for the reply....i`ve managed to download the newcs and cccam latest versions and everything was "back to normal" but still did not read the card......so now i need to ftp the files that kegnkiwi posted...and delete the "new" ones..lol here we go again !!!
just one thing please....to ftp do u just "highlight" the unzipped file..."highlight" the destination(either cccam.config or newcs.config)and press the arrow direction in dcc....save and exit...or does everything have to be done using keyboard shortcuts?? by emu do you mean set as default cam??
i will post just as soon as i have done it...thanks for the patience...again!!
cheers

hi
just highlight each file and press arrow in dcc
newcs.xml attributes = 755
after reboot your box
them make sure u go to blue panel and start CCcam/newcs cam

consolglass
28-10-2008, 10:13 PM
ok great lads have now got the n#s card working...thanks for all the help....can i just copy and paste the settings from my "original" cccam.config file....compaired to the original file the new file contains lots of additional text including f and c lines...do i need all of the text and lines or can i edit them out ??...also how do you "convert" the saved config files to word or notepad do***ents to edit them...thanks again guys
cheers

kegnkiwi
28-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Leave whats in the config files there as it nodoubt needs to be there, just take the bits out of our old cfg file and copy and paste them into the new config. Your bits will want to go with the rest of the "c" configureations.

ki

consolglass
28-10-2008, 11:38 PM
can i paste them anywhere??for example do i make a "new" c and a new f...or do i add them to the existing lines after editing the current text
cheers

kegnkiwi
28-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Just push return and it creates a new line enter them on that.

ki

wwe
29-10-2008, 04:11 PM
i have an old nds free to view card that i have not used for ages and will be out of date having not been updated for some months. If I use the same procedure above will my old card work, and update.

cheers

wwe

canthackit
29-10-2008, 05:08 PM
dunno mate

but my full card don't update in the DB, i always have to return it to it's mummy.

regards: Canthackit

consolglass
01-11-2008, 05:17 PM
sorted at last guys evrything up and runing...have another problem now...wil post in the right section...thanks for all the help

stefor
16-11-2008, 01:37 AM
I wish I could get this sorted!! I'm having the exact same problem that consolglass had, even when you go into IP:16001 it says "no or unknown card inserted" in the entitlements. I copied the 2 files into the relevant areas but have noticed that the attributes on the newcs xml are 627 and not 755!! Having restarted the box on a free channel and then went onto channel4HD still got exact outcome.

I've read somewhere else that the Gemini image doesn't copy a file called newcs.bin to the dreambox and have looked around and can't find it on my receiver, could this be a problem?

My setup is Dreambox 800HD, Gemini2 3.8, cccam 2.0.10 & newcs 1.62 and I'm trying to read from the internal reader.

I don't won't to go bald, but I'm really starting to pull my hair out now!!!

Cheers All
stefor

harshy
16-11-2008, 01:55 AM
there is no bin file I think, but I have got it working with ccam 2.1.0 and newcs1.62, first I went to FTA channel, then installed CCam latest, then CCam configuration files, then newscs1.62, then newcs configuration files which should bring in the newcs.xml file, edit the CCam file as per configs then replace the newcs.xml file with the one in configs.zip provided by kegnkiwi then you restart the receiver, then when its back on, press green to activate ccam and newcs and it should work.

OK, thanks again,

harshy

canthackit
16-11-2008, 11:29 AM
@ stefor

it's not listed as newcs.bin!......it's listed in var/bin as newcs_1.62

but again if your using a uk.sub remember CCcam dont read uk.nds cards so you will get the message about no or unknown card(s)

kmc
29-11-2008, 10:54 PM
hi all,for some reason i can't get this to work.i'm on newnigma img(latest version)running cccam 2.10 and newc/s 1.62.downloaded the newcs file posted etc.cccam info sees the new camd,but all is red and says no cards connected.my card workd fine(tried it in orig box and clears ok)any ideas anyone
cheers
kmc

canthackit
30-11-2008, 02:08 PM
have you got the correct N line details entered in the newcs.xml file.

it's newcamd that is not detecting your card.

kmc
30-11-2008, 02:53 PM
what details need to be in there.i used the file which was posted in this thread.
cheers for your help
kmc

x5
30-11-2008, 03:14 PM
what details need to be in there.i used the file which was posted in this thread.
cheers for your help
kmc

if u using the files posted here u just need to put your card on slot reboot dreambox them start the CCcam on blue panel
as long u loadeed the posted files in to yor dreambox

kmc
30-11-2008, 03:56 PM
thanks lads,got it sorted. re installed the cccam file,think i deleted a line when i edited it last time
thanks again
kmc

canthackit
01-12-2008, 04:03 PM
i dont believe this.

i've just loaded NewNigma 2.2.3 on the flash and i'm buggered if i can get CCcam2.0.10+NewCs1.62 or CCcam2.0.9+NewCs1.62 to work, checked and rechecked every bloody appropiate line on every config file.

i sit here at a total loss:toetap05:

sonic1
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
@ canthackit
You have been doing this long enough to know that dremboxing gives you a headache and sleepless nights:smash:

Me being the dope I am missed this thread here and spent hours searching the net to figure out how to get it to work.

I assume that you have it working fine under other images so I guess there is a problem with the image, it does happen as you will remember from your 7000 days.
Last point what frequency are you guys running your card at ?

sonic1
01-12-2008, 04:54 PM
@All if you used the cfg's posted by kegnkiwi then your card will read and it would be fine on a local network but should you share it outside make sure you change the default password from dummy because it is the default then it is the first password a hacker would try :respect-055:

kmc
01-12-2008, 09:15 PM
@All if you used the cfg's posted by kegnkiwi then your card will read and it would be fine on a local network but should you share it outside make sure you change the default password from dummy because it is the default then it is the first password a hacker would try :respect-055:

which password and where will i find it.
cheers
kmc:party:

sonic1
01-12-2008, 09:19 PM
which password and where will i find it.
cheers
kmc:party:

In the NewCS xml you will see it and also it will be in the N line in CCcam.cfg

Peckish
02-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Hello everyone.

In the 'newcs.xml' that is available for download you should also change the following line from

<udp_host>192.168.0.4</udp_host>

to

<udp_host>127.0.0.1</udp_host>

or

<udp_host>localhost</udp_host>

or

<udp_host>your actual IP address</udp_host>

as the address shown belongs to the person who produced the file. You can also change the line that reads <mhz>450</mhz> back to <mhz>357</mhz> as it may work for some of you.

Regards,

Peckish.

consolglass
02-12-2008, 10:29 PM
@peckish ...how do you edit the file...I`m having no luck here...I`d appreciate any help please..in "layman" terms
cheers

kmc
02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
@peckish ...how do you edit the file...I`m having no luck here...I`d appreciate any help please..in "layman" terms
cheers

hi mate,highlight the file in dcc,right click then scroll down to edit.select it then you can just edit as normal.dont forget to save it though
regards
kmc

kmc
03-12-2008, 08:44 PM
hi all i'm having problems with new c/s.it comes and goes.when it does work it goes off after a while,then i have to restart cccam.now it has stopped working altogether.this is so frustrating, is this a different card reader to other dreamboxes or is it a firmware issue.
cheers
kmc

consolglass
03-12-2008, 08:47 PM
@ kmc tried that had nothing but "gobbildy-gook" could not do a thing with it...have an original download from here but I`m not able to edit that either for some reason...any ideas ???

sonic1
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
To edit it guys use crimson editor
google it, it's also free ;)