PDA

View Full Version : newbi just got tm6800 hd

oldman
28-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Hello all
Just taken delivery of the tm 6800 will be installing dish and reciver this weekend , what do I need to do and in what order to the best from the box

IE, please keep it simple as I am still trying to under stand all the jargon,

I have a resonable understanding of PC's and have Programed PLC in my daily job before, but this is a whole new word that is opening up I know ther is alot out there but I have to start some where.

Thanks Oldman

jamesjay
29-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Oldman, in order to help you it is best to provide as much detail as possible, you state that you are having a dish installed at the weekend, if you are doing this yourself then you need to look in the dish discussion section and look at the stickys, and give as much information as you can when asking a question, such as if the dish is static or motorized. If static, what is your target Sat, how big your dish is, if motorized, again size of dish, what motor you are using, what is your site longitude and latitude.

But if the installation is being done for you, then the person doing this should get the TM 6900 running to at least the point of you getting free to air (FTA) channels.

When you have the receiver connected and you are getting FTA channels then you should check the posts in this section because although the TM 6900 is the newest model...mosts of the questions you want answering have been asked before, and are almost certainly already in the stickys or posts of this section.

So to answer your question "what do I need to do and in what order to the best from the box" there is not much can be done until it is connected to a dish.

Hope this helps, James.

echelon
29-10-2008, 03:01 PM
also need to know if its a standard model or a super model , as any answers given will depend on that information being present

basically , you want the latest technomate firmware installed , then the latest magic patch , and the latest tmsoftcam , most of this can be done using a pen drive formatted on the tm6900

you may well want a compatible channel list unless you are doing it yourself , again using the pen drive in the usb socket

then its all down to correct installation and what satellites you can get

Dreamcatcher
29-10-2008, 03:26 PM
also need to know if its a standard model or a super model , as any answers given will depend on that information being present

It's a 6800 ech. :)

jamesjay
29-10-2008, 05:40 PM
@ Dreamcatcher not Ech fault it's mine... in my post I said TM 6900.
James