PDA

View Full Version : FTP to 8000?

Zeke
29-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Anybody know the secret for putting files to the receiver? I can get files [slowly but I think that's a function of the USB drive] but putting files doesn't work. I've tried different clients.

Wonder if I should try running the ftp server on the PC and connecting from the receiver?

xlr8r
08-11-2008, 12:45 AM
what files are your talking about, mp3, jpg, divx or system firmware files ...??

if your trying to upload files to the receiver, you will firstly need to have a hard drive installed either internally or externally. the hard drive will also need to be formatted as FAT32 and NOT as NTFS !!! once the hard drive is installed , use the FORMAT in the receivers menu and it will setup the folder structure for you.

you can easily FTP to and from the receiver once you setup the correct settings on the receiver and you have it connected to your home netowrk.

simply add your own ftp info on the receiver , use your pc's ip address, subnet, dns info. You can then use any FTP client to connect the receiver or receiver to your pc. works very well.

if you can provide some more information I may be able to help you better.

Zeke
08-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Mostly I'm worried about system files but I haven't been able to put any files to the system.

No idea if it's FAT32 or NTFS. It's a TB USB and came preformatted. Works fine for recording and getting files.

kebien
09-11-2008, 04:59 AM
Any ftp program like flashfxp works right to retrieve and insert files into the internal hard drive of the vantage.
i could never make the serial programs to work,as the channel editor,so,what i do is to save the channels file into the the hdd,and take it from there using ftp,edit it,and put it back into the hdd,then I recover the file.
All this mean the ftp works well.Just login as anonymous.

Zeke
09-11-2008, 07:44 AM
I wonder if the problem is I'm using an external drive? Some place things aren't pointing to the right location.

kebien
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
In my case,the drive is internal,I assume it wouldn;t be a problem for an external,as is the same sata connection.
I can see the drive as ATA00 folder,and see the media and record folders.
What would be really great is if the drive can show as part of the network,so we can work with files directly into the hard drive of the unit.

As you said,things in the wrong place,I can;t make a serial connection to the box,so,that's really odd too.

Zeke
09-11-2008, 03:54 PM
It's the same SATA but it's likely a different mounting postion for the filesystem.

The irrating thing is I can see the drive. Walk the directories. But when I go to put a file it doesn't work. Getting files works.

kebien
10-11-2008, 01:46 PM
And what are the messages you have from the ftp program?
And what are the permissions of the folders?
Maybe have to do with permissions/attributes.
Have drwxrwxrwx for all folders.
You can check if you can chmod the folders to change attributes.