PDA

View Full Version : Winup - alternative??

oldfart
03-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi, I have a Vantage X211S; if I use Winup & a cable from an old PC with a serial port - I can upload key files with no problems.
If I use a laptop, same cable but with a PCMCIA dongle with RS232 port, there is no transfer of data. It *could* be that Winup doesn't see the ports correctly?
Is there an alternate way to upload keys; and/or a way to check that Winup is actually connecting to the STB??

mynameisEarl
04-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Hello,

I don't know of another method but I'm no great expert. Did you try all the port options in Winup26, presumably with no success?
If our receivers had a USB port we could probably load the softcam onto a USB stick and load it that way, I suppose. But we don't have one do we ?! My receiver doesn't, anyway.

Lee

oldfart
04-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Hello,

I don't know of another method but I'm no great expert. Did you try all the port options in Winup26, presumably with no success?
If our receivers had a USB port we could probably load the softcam onto a USB stick and load it that way, I suppose. But we don't have one do we ?! My receiver doesn't, anyway.

Lee

Yep - tried everything/all options. I think that the software doesn't use windows calls to the RS232 port, but uses bios ones - these won't work with PCMCIA or PCI devices.
Was thinking about some other upload software, but doesn't seem to be a great deal of help on this forum about the Vantage systems.

mynameisEarl
04-11-2008, 10:50 PM
ok;
I find this forum ok for Vantage. I don't think there's a huge amount of English chat about it anywhere. It's mainly a German thing.
I sometimes wonder if I made the right choice buying a Vantage, rather than, say, a Technomate, but maybe these things are '6 of 1 and half a dozen of another'.
:)

Lee

Tarzan
05-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Yep - tried everything/all options. I think that the software doesn't use windows calls to the RS232 port, but uses bios ones - these won't work with PCMCIA or PCI devices.
Was thinking about some other upload software, but doesn't seem to be a great deal of help on this forum about the Vantage systems.

What is your operating system?

oldfart
05-11-2008, 09:30 PM
What is your operating system?

Windoze Xp Home Ed. Sp2

Jedin
07-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I have a another solution when i have a laptop without serialport. I use to a cable with convert (Serial -> USB) and it work for me with my old Hyro 7520 (Cloned with Vantage x221).