PDA

View Full Version : TM6900HD Super

holmroad
03-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Just wondering if its true that Technomate are working on a patch/fix to enable the TM6000 series (mines a Super 6900HD - but all would be good!) to read an M2+ card in one of its card slots instead of through a cam?
My personal experience of opening Conax 1W channels via my TM6900HD Super Combo through a Conax cam is not very encouraging on the HD channels, although the SD channels open fine. e.g. on C+ Films HD it takes forever (minutes not seconds) to open, even with the patch switched off and no other cams inserted - and even when it does I get constant freezes and cannot record as it totally cocks up the PVR software when you select 'record', whether 'manually' (small red record button) OR via the short but sweet EPG list by using the big red record button, The other thing lacking on HD channels - and SOME SD channels for that matter, is that the sound is very rarely working, even when you vary the audio by language OR in the AV Settings, where all three settings (PCM etc) fail to bring in the sound! I sometimes get sound WITHOUT vision on the HD channels too - so its not really a success story - well not in MY case anyway - hence a fix to allow the M2+ card to be read DIRECTLY in the TM6900 slot would be brilliant! :frown:

teassoc
03-11-2008, 05:55 PM
We have followed each other's progress on this. I've not had the same problems as you - either in terms of opening HD channels or the audio. Also no problem selecting programmes to record using the EPG.

That's with virtually the same equipment. The only possible differences are that I use a conax 4.0 cam (with no other cams in the receiver) for my m2 plus card and an optical cable for my sound.

I have a Vista card that works perfectly in the card slot.

However I can't seem to be able to successfully record any HD programmes (Premiere or canal +), and even the SD don't always record properly. They fail on play back.

Very interested to hear of other members' experience on this.

holmroad
03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Seems amazing that I CAN record PERFECTLY from Premier HD with timer etc - but NOT Conax HD 1W?
I also use a Conax cam MPEG4 (NP2) with no other cams OR cards present, but NOT the audio cable which really SHOULDNT be necessary anyway? Maybe I WILL try that however?
So there are MANY similarities on Conax HD especially, where I THINK we are BOTH failing to record HD, whereas SD is fine?
Please Technomate come up with the fix very soon, because I still believe there must be SOME conflict between TM6000 series and M2+ cards and it would be SO good to be able to read the card 'camless' in the TM slot, as you can with the TM1500 PERFECTLY, so its been reported elswehere!:D