PDA

View Full Version : Incompatible Model...?

FXMan
04-11-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm trying to patch a 5400 CI+, a task I've done many times before and I've never experienced this problem.

I first of all updated the STB to the latest official TM software (v1.18) and then tried to patch it. Each time however, the loader says "Incompatible Model". I've tried the latest patch and previous patches, all with the same result. I've double checked that the patch is for the 5400 series.

I've also tried a forced download, but still the same result.

I'm stumped.
Any ideas / suggestions anyone?

FXMan
04-11-2008, 01:04 AM
OK, problem sorted.

I thought I'd re-download the latest patch from here and try that as a last resort and it worked. It seems strange that the previous download and all the previous patches stored on my PC (and which have been used many times on different STBs) should suddenly not work. The only thing I can think is that somehow they became corrupted, but it seems starnge that the original TM software was OK.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who looked and pondered!

Aldo
04-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Hi M8

There are 2 different patch's for the 5000 series, there is :

TM 5000 USB Series Patch

TM 5000 USB Super Series Patch

Which ever one that you had tried to install when you got the message " Incompatible Model", means that you were trying to install the wrong version of software for your particular model. This also happens with the 6000 series and the 6000 super series, I know because I mistakenly tried to install the 6000 Super series software to my 6000 series, and the message I got was "Incompatible Model".

FXMan
04-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I thought that as well, but I'd been successfully using the patch(es) which were on my hard drive for other 5400s, all (I think) the same model. The only thing I can think, as you suggested, is that they weren't!

Anyway, it's all working now.

Many thanks Aldo!