PDA

View Full Version : tomtom go 520 traffic

KES
04-11-2008, 05:55 PM
hi guys
anione got one of these babys and are they ok?
£125.00 + vat brand new,halfords selling these for £189.99
need a decent sat nav with up 2 date speed cameras in it.
dont want animore points.lol

regards
kes
:respect-051:

everclear
10-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Very good Sat Nav - bought one of these in January for £160 with a free hard travelling case.

Very reliable. good size screen. hands-free calling. Speech recognition. FM transmitter. all the usual TomTom features. (Newer models/maps of course have HD Traffic, IQ routes, advanced lane guidance, live feeds from road angel (speed cameras), real time fuel prices etc.)

You may want to consider buying an sd card as well if you want to put more maps on your unit or to add music etc.

The only disappointing thing is the battery life - lasts nowhere near 5hrs - more like 2-3hrs.

The TMC traffic receiver is OK but not always reliable (but it's free for life) It has avoided delays for me in the past but information is not always up-to-date. Plus I have had messages saying roadworks on motorway causing delays but it was actually roadworks on a motorway slip road so there was no delay.

At some point I do need to update my maps - Maybe your unit will come with the latest map as I think buying any new unit from a retailer, Tomtom allows you 30 days from activating your unit to be able to receive the latest map via their website using TomTom Home - software you need to download (or just use the disc your unit comes with) to install on your computer.

I am currently using speed cameras from 8th October - available here: w*w.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94392 These speed cameras files are much better than TomToms own - more up-to-date. (Although now TomTom have linked up with Road Angel for their 540 LIVE unit, this will be the best way to receive speed camera information - including receiving actual reported live mobile speed camera locations.)

Hope this helps.

Everclear

KES
10-11-2008, 07:38 PM
thanks for info m8y
certainly helps me m8

regards
kes
:respect-051: