PDA

View Full Version : No signal on Hotbird

iamafreeman
05-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I have a 90cm dish pointed at 13E and recently noticed that a number of channels when accessed say "no signal". Having looked there appears to be a rather weak signal for them rather than none at all.

However, hundreds of channels are fine showing a strong signal which leads me to assume that some are transmitted at a much weaker strength in the first place?

If I am correct I assume the only solution is to get a professional installer to re-adjust the dish as my diy efforts have so far failed.

But has anyone else experienced this?

gahan27
05-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I have this experience on Thor. Not on Hotbird or Astra however.

BOOGIBEAR
05-11-2008, 02:35 PM
never come across that on 13e only 1w as gahan,13e must be 1 of the strongest signals up there,:sifone:

NeasdenNW10
05-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Could be non-active transponder/channel stored in your receiver. The software for channels/transponders is usually out of date by the time the box leaves the factory. You just have to look at the channel changes on lyngsat/flysat etc to see that channels come and go. Sometimes daily on the satellites at the favourite positions.
WH

iamafreeman
05-11-2008, 10:30 PM
NeasdenNW10

Hi, mate

I went to a mates house and when he ran a search it found a lot more channels than I had got when I did a channel search so I reckon it must be the dish alignment that's slightly off.

For example when I go to *** on TV I would expect it to say scrambled signal (ie I have no card for that channel) but it shows no signal. When I go into edit it shows all the details and when I check the signal strength on the receiver it shows a very low percent whereas on other channels (transponders is that?) the signal is very strong. All of course on 13E.

I have tried to adjust the dish to see if that helps but it doesn't so I assume some are transmitted on lower power than others.

Maybe need to get an installer to re-align the dish as I don't have a meter?

Anyway thanks to all who replied.

Best wishes.

Zeke
06-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Are the solar flashes over?

I lose a weak Hotbird transponder every so often. The weak one is only 89 signal. Only. Started a few months ago. It's only the weak transponder and eventually it comes back.