PDA

View Full Version : Mvision HD200-Hand holding help please!

tenminnit
06-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Just purchased a used Mvision HD200 Combo. I have the User's Manual which, for an all singing all dancing bit of kit, appears to me to be little more than a quick start guide!
The on screen sys info is: S/W Ver 01.23, LDR Ver 00.01, H/W Ver 01.00, Last update 7.8.08.
My problem is 1/ The unit recognises the existance of a USB drive but no PVR operation. 2/ Unit does not receive ITV HD via satellite.
Does it require the HD200C_F203 upgrade and/or any other? If so the fool proof way to do it from start to finish.
I am aware part of this has been covered in the forum but often the answers go off on a tangent with no conclusive result.
Help would be much appreciated - Thanks! :confused:

suprapower
06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
download that software to usb drive, load into box via menu, then d`load channel list from here, do the same, that`s it

ps. make sure your hard drive is formatted in FAT 32

tenminnit
08-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the reply - What I wasn't doing was to unzip the file onto the usb stick (cos I'm a numpty). Done this, set ucas as instructed, The software version is now shown in system info as Ver 2.03. This now gives me the PVR facility. Jerky if recording from the BBC HD channel. I beleive this is an issue which may be resolved.
What I still do not have is ITV HD. I assume this is a seperate channel as BBC HD. If so does it transmit a continous test broadcast as BBC or is it necessary to do a channel search at a time when a transmission is being made?

dishdad
08-11-2008, 06:27 PM
...What I still do not have is ITV HD.[/B] I assume this is a seperate channel as BBC HD. If so does it transmit a continous test broadcast as BBC or is it necessary to do a channel search at a time when a transmission is being made?

This thread contains the channel list config you require, including ITV HD :-

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91510

Yes, a test card is carried and last I saw was as :- 30209

These, I believe are tomorrows listings....nothing being on tonight (Sat)!

12:55 - 16:15
Sunday 9th November 2008
FA Cup Special
Havant & Waterlooville v Brentford
Kick-off 2.00pm: Steve Rider is joined by Andy Townsend for live coverage of this first-round fixture at West Leigh Park, as one of last season's giantkillers aims to cause another upset. The hosts defeated Notts County and Swansea City last term before giving Liverpool a huge scare at Anfield in the fourth round, but face a Brentford side who have enjoyed a good start to their League Two campaign. Commentary by Clive Tyldesley and David Pleat, with reports from Ned Boulting

19:00 - 21:00
Sunday 9th November 2008
Britannia High
Who Are You?: Jez bumps into a few old friends at his birthday party, forcing him to reveal a secret to the group - he's really a millionaire. It also turns out he's been lying to his father, who wouldn't approve of his choice of career and believes he's actually at business school. So his friends decide to help him keep up the pretence by visiting his mansion home posing as fellow business students - but the act proves harder than they expected

21:00 - 22:30
Sunday 9th November 2008
Sharpe's Peril
Conclusion. The swashbuckling hero is captured by Dragomirov, the mastermind behind the opium-trafficking ring. With Harper in charge of the convoy, Sharpe makes an escape with Marie-Angelique, but they are forced to barricade themselves in a small village. As the enemy approaches with a cavalry and artillery, the ragtag troops and local Indian farmers must be trained to fight. Sean Bean, Daragh O'Malley and Beatrice Rosen star.

Best wishes.

tenminnit
13-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Refernce ITV HD - Followed the thread supplied by dishdad. Done the edit and entered the parameters in the list. Got the ITV HD logo straight away. Managed to catch a broadcast last evening. Video fine but no audio. Current value entered for Audio Pid is 3402. Any suggestions please?

thornlv
08-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but have edited my channel list (using settings from SatPauls list for ITV HD at postion 1).

saved list to HD200, went to channel 1. Although there were no HD broadcasts at the time I was going to see if i got the 'test card'

however, all i got was a blank screen, then the message 'scrambled channel' and after a few seconds 'no signal'

firmware at mo is SW- A1.0A, loader - 00.01, HW - 01.00

Next HD broadcast by ITV is saturday 10th jan, 16:55 - film Nanny McPhee

Will try then but if in meantime if anyone can confirm what they 'see' whilst its 'off air' please or provde suggestions would be a great help.

Cheers and Happy New Year !!!

satwyn
08-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the reply - What I wasn't doing was to unzip the file onto the usb stick (cos I'm a numpty). Done this, set ucas as instructed, The software version is now shown in system info as Ver 2.03. This now gives me the PVR facility. Jerky if recording from the BBC HD channel. I beleive this is an issue which may be resolved.
What I still do not have is ITV HD. I assume this is a seperate channel as BBC HD. If so does it transmit a continous test broadcast as BBC or is it necessary to do a channel search at a time when a transmission is being made?latest software would be F3.218 LDR Ver00.01 but still problem remains with usb recording with the channel list installed itv works ok

thornlv
10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt ITV HD broadcast from Eurobird 1 sat ? (that I read in What Satellite) - dont seem to have that sat listed in sat search menu on HD200 .