PDA

View Full Version : help please

carmine
06-11-2008, 07:38 PM
hi all i have just purchased a 6800 hd reciever to replace my echo 7000 ,can someone tell me what usb drive i nead to get, to download the software and then the patch ,this is all new to me the reciever is great and i cant wait to try out the files, for the mo am using my dragon thanks for any advice. also iv noticed that the files are different for the super model are there more channels open on the super? carmine

rasp
06-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Any usb pen drive wiil be ok M8.

The patches and softcam's are only small so a 512mg will do.

carmine
06-11-2008, 08:21 PM
thanks rasp m8 i understand that i need to download software from teckno. first is this an upgrade for the reciever?

madsod
06-11-2008, 08:28 PM
no need just put the patch on add softcam and channel list and watch tv took less then 5 mins to do mine , and do not do a factory rest when you have put the patch on all you will be back at the start again

carmine
09-11-2008, 12:40 AM
thanks madsod m8 i thought it seemed a bit strange to do a reset, did you use the loader from techno or is there a loader in the forum that i can use. thanks again m8 carmine

echelon
09-11-2008, 12:47 AM
the loader is built into the receiver and loads from the usb slot

or if using the null modem cable use the tm1500 v187 loader from the tm1000 forum

technomate only make the receiver software , they dont make the patches to open any channels

teassoc
09-11-2008, 12:56 AM
the loader is built into the receiver and loads from the usb slot

or if using the null modem cable use the tm1500 v187 loader from the tm1000 forum

technomate only make the receiver software , they dont make the patches to open any channels

Apparently Magic patches incorporate the most recent TM firmware revisions.

Careful with loading a channel list - you could lose all your satellite positions.

No difference between the standard and super versions in terms of channels that you can open with the patch.

carmine
09-11-2008, 03:31 AM
thanks everyone for the help sucsessfully loaded,i did lose the sat pos as you said teassoc when i put in channel list but no worry il just put them in again. so far realy pleased with 6800 thanks again everyone couldnt have done it without your help carmine