PDA

View Full Version : Sound from DM800

davecabezo
08-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi,
I have eventually received my DM800HD here in Tenerife after waiting 3 weeks for it to arrive. I'm now reading through the handbook to try to familiarize myself with the DB before embarking on programming etc.

I am however amazed, concerned,angry etc. that the DB does not have standard audio out. I bought the HD box to use with my HD projector but now I find that I have no audio out on the DB. The projector obviously does not have audio facilities so how am I to get sound when watching HD on my projector.

I have a Yamaha Dolby surround sound amplifier but it doesn't have an optical sound input and I assume that when setting the A/V outputs on the DB that selecting HDMI will route all sound via the HDMI and no sound will be available at the scart socket.

Does anyone have the DM800 set up with an HD projector and if so where do you get the audio.

Also does anyone know if the optical audio output works when HDMI is selected on any soundtrack and not just ac3.

As you can imagine I'm not very well pleased as with me being in Tenerife getting Hi-Tec equipment like optical amplifiers etc. is not easy.

Perhaps someone on the forum is able to suggest either a mod that can be made to the DB to enable standard stereo sound output when using an HDMI cable, or is there a device that would take the HDMI signal, strip out the audio and pass the video signal to the projector??

Hope someone out there can help me as my first experience with the DB is not good..

Regards,

Dave

sllaq
08-11-2008, 10:57 AM
SPDIF for digital o/p and Scart connector for analogue

davecabezo
08-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Sllag,
Can I get the analogue sound from the scart while outputting the video to the HDMI ????????????

Dave

sllaq
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes you can.

You need an adaptor. There is one availabe from WXW.***.co.uk

Part No AV08237 C ombined P recision C omponents

davecabezo
08-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Sllag,
I think the part No you mean is the same as the one included with the DB, it gives Audio R&L out together with Video out. I thought that once you chose HDMI then all signals went by that route.
Thanks Dave

steve
08-11-2008, 07:18 PM
doesnt have hdmi out, dvi connector includes audio , converts to hdmi plug on cable included. use scart adaptor included for left right audio via scartout

loveman
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
As said above, you can use the scart for the audio.

I have my box connected to the tv via the dvi-hdmi connector, but also have it connected to my dvd/hdd recorder via scart, and it can receive audio on both hdmi and scart at the same time...