PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Problem When Channel Surfing

stefor
09-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi All

Since day one of getting my Dreambox 800, when I flick between channels it seems to go black screen and a box comes up saying "Tuner Failed" or something like that. The only way to get the box to tune again is to keep flicking between channels or sometimes even had to change satellites!!

At first I thought I could live with it, but it's now becoming a pain. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Cheers
stefor

Keano
09-11-2008, 04:37 PM
m8 I got my 800 back in March and like you had the same problems.

In the end I gave up and put the 800 under the bed, then last Sunday I sold it for £320.
It was the worst dreambox I have ever used.
I now have the cuberevo mini ( aka i p b o x 900 ) and don't have anymore problems at all.
I have just bought the cuberevo ( 9000 ) from our sponsor last week too.

Now i have heard that there is a second stage boot loader ( think its called 67 ) which is suppose to cure a few bugs.
For me its too late my 800 has gone and i have no intention of getting another one or the 8000.

A
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
update to the latest image nenigma , gemini and load a fresh channel list using dreambox edit.
I dont have these problems never had them.
If using Image on usb via barry allen then see flash is the latest oozoon dated 02.11.2008

canthackit
10-11-2008, 11:20 AM
happens on 28.2E but that's only on the HD channels that are not transmitting at that particular time, and sometimes on 19.2 for premier again that's only when the dish is not quick enough.

then again you can always disable the onscreen message in the "expert menu"i do:woot-035:

regards; canthackit

stefor
10-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Lucky enough I've got a second 800HD here that I'm setting up for a friend. After a conversation with my supplier he recommended trying the other tuner in my box. So swapped them over and now perfect!! I can't get the machine to come up with the error even if I channel hop really quickly.

I phoned the supplier back up who with no quibble at all has put a replacement tuner in the post today even without asking me to return the faulty one first!! That, to me, is real after sale service. Big hats off for Mark at my suppliers (you know who you are the forum blanks out the name) for his understanding and the endless help he's gave me over the last couple of weeks.

:respect-051: To Mark